or Connect

Posts by nl2134

Hi I would like to begin watchching OTA TV on my PC, with sound running through my AVR. Since I only desire watching sports, I do not require the capability to record Live TV as well. Here's my present setup: Receiver: Marantz SR5006 TV: UN55FH6030 HTPC I am thinking of getting this cable (http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10229&cs_id=1022904&p_id=2764&seq=1&format=2) and running it from my TV's Digital Audio Out to my receiver's Digital Optical In, then...
My primary media source is my HTPC, and I intend to watch movies I've ripped from DVD's, BRD's and HD-DVD's on a new 55' display. As I have an HTPC, I have no need for smart features and I also have no desire for 3D. Secondary usage is Xbox 360. Mostly sports games... Sound quality will not be important, since I will have the TV hooked up to an AVR (Marantz SR5007). Which of these two options is better? I am really leaning for the UN55EH6000. Samsung's QC seems very...
This may sound like a stupid question, but I cannot figure how, for the life of me, to turn on the on-screen display. For example, I want to see the volume bar on my display, or the status OSD. But I cannot get either to show up... Help please? EDIT: Solved my own problem. Dumb me. My TV set my Xbox and HTPC as a display other than 720p for some reason...
Thanks. For my uses then, do you think LED would be better than Plasma? Also, in the comparison, I see full array on the Samsung, and edge-lit on the Vizio. Is there a huge different between both? I was originally planning on 47" and thought 50" was pushing the envelope. 60" seems even more of a step up. Is it true with TV's the bigger the better as well? Or do you lose something by going with a bigger display? Again, my previous TV was 32" and before that, I had...
My present TV (Sharp Aquos 32" 720p LCD) lasted for around 5 years, but it's time for me to move on. Sources: Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD player HTPC Xbox 360 I've ripped a lot of my media (DVD's and Blu-Ray's) to my HTPC, and that acts as my primary media source. I would venture to say I use my HTPC 75% of the time, as when compared to the Xbox 360, which I use 25% of the time, mostly to play sports games. I don't use the HD-DVD player that much, but may replace it with a...
It's been an exhausting few months. At first my receiver blew out. So I sold that off. Then, I got a new, defective receiver, and it gave me the impression my bookshelf speakers were busted. So I sold those off. I got a new set of speakers...only to realize it was the second receiver in a row which was busted. So I got a new set of speakers and a new receiver. Hooked up my receiver and my speakers, only to realize that for some reason, my TV was shorting every time...
Ok, I've boiled down the problem. I have a Sharp LC-32D43U tv. It's a 32', 720p HDTV from around 6-7 years ago. Whenever the TV switches sources (for example, shutting off an HD-DVD player, Xbox, etc), it makes a loud cracking sound. That's what I've been hearing with the popping sound. Is anyone familiar with this kind of pop? Can it damage my speakers if I don't get this rectified? Thanks!
Sorry for basically asking again, the same question you just answered, but are you sure these small pops won't be hurting my speakers? They happen when changing sources, or if the receiver needs to refresh (sorry, don't know the correct lingo), so may end up hearing a few small pops a day... I'd rather not return the SR5006, but I don't want anything to happen to my RX6 speakers, which I paid an arm and a leg for - speakers which were a tad over my budget ...
(I posted this in the Receivers/Amp section as well, but I'm desperate for some answers, so I'm putting it in this forum as well...) I just invested in a new setup, including: Monitor Audio RX6 towers Marantz SR-5006 I hooked it up around four days ago, and I already notice when I'm switching sources on my receiver (from Xbox to HD-DVD to Net/USB, for example), the speakers make a brief and faint popping sound. Is there a way to get rid of this, and why is this...
I just invested in a new setup, including: Monitor Audio RX6 towers Marantz SR-5006 I hooked it up around four days ago, and I already notice when I'm switching sources on my receiver (from Xbox to HD-DVD to Net/USB, for example), the speakers make a brief and faint popping sound. Is there a way to get rid of this, and why is this occurring exactly? I am worried only because my last setup was killed by a bad receiver, and I hope I'm not headed down that same path already.