or Connect

Posts by doswonk1

Panny's FR system can be very useful for squeezing the maximum, best use out of a disc's storage capacity, and it is pretty easy to use once you sort of crack the code and get into the zone of its logic. I "discovered" it after I had been using my Panny a coupla years and wished I'd figured it out sooner. However.... If you have only a few tapes to dub and it's really important to you to preserve the best possible picture quality AND you are less than thrilled at the...
Why no DVD/HDD/VHS model in the U.S.? Why 3 "new" models differentiated only by successively larger HDD capacity? Hasn't there been discussion on this forum in the past (or maybe somebody just stated it) that Funai has no marketing department to speak of? Which may not be a bad thing. If they had one, they could be totally out - or going out - of the DVDR business like everybody else.
Darn it, Dave, we all still love ya.* C'mere fer a hug, ya big lug!! ____________ * In a totally manly way.
I think those documents are internal "sell sheets" or maybe they just were meant to be reviewed/proofed rather than posted on the website for all the folks out in TV Land to see. Whatever, we got a sneak peak, and it looks like they're just keeping the 513/515 production line running--which isn't a bad thing. Means we can continue to buy decent NEW DVDRs for a while longer. Not that I *need* any right now.....but I might *want* another spare or two.Hafta say that if the...
Oooooooooooo, a Terabyte!! Wouldn't it be cool if it could record to the HDD in HD, then give you the option of burning to an SD DVD or an AVCHD??
Heh..... I just made a semi-joke/observation on another thread that the recent brisk sales of 513/515s whenever some come available is a good argument in favor of Funai ponying up an "MDR-517" But what if the new model has some cool features I'd like? And I've already bought my "LAST" new DVDR several-four-five times! Oh well, never hurts to have a backup......
Yet another argument in favor of an "MDR517"!!
Dang it. Right in my own backyard for once. I would've checked it out just for the heck of it, but swamped/innundated/hammered at work. Probably would pay $75 for an old E80 if it's in really good condition (and I couldn't finagle the seller down to, say, $45 )
Myeh.....I'm not having strong feelings about the redesign one way or another. I was actually expecting something.....more different. Whatever. I'll reserve final judgement until I see if they add more and better editorial content. But I come here for the forums, so as long as all you guys still hang out here, it's fine. If you want to see a once thriving, major forum that's just been completely neglected to death by its owner, check out the one at Sound and Vision...
I'm a wallet guy, but if I had it to do all over again, I'd take Kelson's route. Very hard to interfile new acquisitions into the collection, and when I want to get out a single disc, I have to (1) schlep out the binder, (2) find it, and (3) when I pull it out (say, to take to a friend's house) I have to put it......into one of those 2-disc Tyvek-lined slip cases. Sure, I could go back and replace the binders, but I'd have to spend a lot of cabbage, and then what would I...