or Connect

Posts by jeremyf0923

Now I have another question - just was reading the 705 thread (FAQ at the beginning) and saw in there that the PS3 does all of the decoding itself - that the 805 doesn't do anything. So is that why I am displaying only right and left channel on the 805? It sounds really good, just don't know if it should sound even better. For those of you who seem to be having no problems, when you play a regular DVD or Blu Ray, what specifically does your 805 display? Does it...
Yes, I have a Comcast HD/DVR cable box that is sending DD 5.1 with no problem. However, it is connected via coaxial digital audio cable, not HDMI. Also, I have tried both the bit stream and the linear PCM option on the PS3 and still no multichannel. The PS3 displays that it is decoding DD 5.1, but the 805 shows on the display left and right channel only. Guess I will go through all of my settings again on the PS3...this is becoming very frustrating! I welcome any...
Bumping this - I know there are a large number of PS3/805 owners out there - please help me out...
Hello everyone, I have read through countless number of pages of this thread and have seen my question asked, but not completely answered. I really need your help. I have a PS3 hooked up to the 805 via HDMI and HDMI from the 805 to my TV. Everything is working like a champ from a video perspective, but I cannot get more than 2 channel digital audio. The front display of the 805 only shows that the left (FL) and right channels (FR) are active. I cannot get Dolby...
Hello everyone, I have spent the last two hours searching and reading threads and I have yet to find an answer to my question so I have decided to post it. Here goes... I have a Motorola DCH 3416 HD/DVR cable box (Comcast-ATL), an Onkyo TX-SR705 Receiver, a PS3, and a Sony 60" XBR SXRD rear projection HDTV. The Motorola DCH 3416 is running firmware version 18.34 and software version 74.53-3321. I am attempting to only use HDMI connections - so I have the DCH 3416...
Hello everyone, I have spent the last two hours searching and reading threads and I have yet to find an answer to my question so I have decided to post it. Here goes... I have a Motorola DCH 3416 HD/DVR cable box (Comcast-ATL), an Onkyo TX-SR705 Receiver, a PS3, and a Sony 60" XBR SXRD rear projection HDTV. The Motorola DCH 3416 is running firmware version 18.34 and software version 74.53-3321. I am attempting to only use HDMI connections - so I have the DCH...
Hi Ron, I understand that, but still was curious where others had placed theirs and found the best bass response.
Just curious where current PSW505 owners have placed their sub in their home theater/media room. Where do you seem to be getting the cleanest sounding bass - front/side/back of room? Drywall is going up in my home theater room on Monday and have this weekend to run subwoofer cable/speaker wire in the room. I plan to run it to two different places in the room to give myself some options. Again, just hoping to find out what the two best places might be? Thanks in...
Hello everyone, This is an amazing thread - I have been reading it now for about a month and have seen it grow from a few pages to over 50! I need some help from the experts that are posting in this thread. I am in the pre-drywall phase of finishing my basement, which will include my home theater room. I have what seems to be a simple question, but I can't get a definitive answer. I am about to purchase the Onkyo TX-SR705. I will be running Polk RM series...
Thanks for the responses. Now I don't know what to do. My problem is that I'll be running the speaker wire within the next week or so prior to them hanging the dry wall. I don't have a problem moving it out from entertainment center, but now don't know where to put it. Is it a bad idea to put it in the back of the room? I will have an 8" riser in the back of the room so that would get it off of the concrete. I could even fill a corner portion of the riser with sand...