or Connect

Posts by ATC7

FWIW, for any Canadian still looking to pick up a PS4, Shoppers Drug Mart has them now in stock (nationally) at regular price but it includes the game KNACK for free. It's the full (sealed) retail game inside. The bundle has the same packaging as the regular one but with a sticker saying Free Knack inside on the front of the box. Anyhow, this Sony bundle seems to only be available at SDM as I haven't seen it even listed anywhere else. It's not an amazing deal but a free...
Interesting info, thanks. I had no idea some ISP have the capability to throttle certain devices. That's a little concerning.
I've been using the built-in Netflix app on my GT50 for a while. Something annoying that's been happening from the start was that it always keeps bouncing back and forth between SD and HD streaming, and when in HD it also bounces back and forth quite often between 1080p and 720p. I figured it was my internet connection that was causing this so I never pursued any solution. What's most annoying about this flipping between definitions is that every time it switches there's...
I've been looking to get a PS4 for the past two weeks with no luck. Every electronics retailer in my local area is out of stock. I've even left my name on a waiting list at a couple of stores and they've had nothing so far. I read somewhere that Sony was making ample stock available for Christmas but the situation seems very different on the ground. I think this is one area where MSFT has Sony beat, as I'm finding the odd X1 at numerous stores and they're continually...
I've heard good things about W101, I'll also check out Nintendo Land. Thanks for the suggestions.
I have to say my wife and my 7 yr-old are absolutely loving our new Wii U that we got about a week ago, and we barely have any games for it yet, just the two Mario and Luigi titles the bundle came with. They couldn't care less about my PS3 or 360, the Wii U is by far getting the most use in my house. It's just a fun game system for the whole family. And as mentioned above, it's sitting behind my AV cabinet even after hours of use it's still cool and dead silent, pretty...
I actually will be picking up both an X1 and a PS4 sometime in the next year or so, after hopefully all the bugs have been ironed out and with some more titles available. I think both systems have compelling exclusives in the pipeline so it makes sense to have both. Having said that, I am a little disappointed in MSFT's decision to put all the multimedia features behind the XBL pay-wall. For me, and I'm probably in the minority here, I have no interest in multi-player...
Good to know. I ended up spending almost as much as the deluxe bundle itself in wiimotes and nunchucks. They sure know how to get you on accessories. I ended up getting the Rocketfish InvisiShell case and screen protector for the gamepad (also came with a couple of extra styluses) - they were cheap and both got good reviews. My son isn't very gentle on things so I figured even if it protects it from one drop it's worth it.
Glad I came across this thread. I just picked up the Mario/Luigi Wii U deluxe bundle for my 7 yr old, it's still boxed - he won't get it till next week. We have the original Wii + 2 remotes and nunchucks that we'll be giving away to my sister in law once the U is set up. Surprisingly, it looks like the Wii U package doesn't come with any remotes (?) So I'll need to pick up a couple of remotes and nunchucks. We currently use the nunchucks in a few games (Lego Star Wars...
Thanks for the review. This was such a great movie. I hadn't even heard of it when I watched it and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it. One of this year's best IMO.