or Connect

Posts by Douglas_d

I'm excited to hear about this! Although I'm happy with my SF 2.5, the graininess and the sparkle do get to me sometimes, so this addresses both issues!
Earlier this fall I picked up 2 NHT model 1.1 speakers and a 1.1c center. I took the plunge on the Martin Logan MLT-2 5.1 system that has been on sale for $170. My question is what do people think about the a setup with the NHTs in front, the MLT-2s as sides and rears, and then the MLT-2 as a sub? I am going to purchase a Yamaha RX-V673 whenever I see another price drop and perhaps go with a Polk PSW505 if it would be a significant enough upgrade over the MLT-2...
I stopped off a garage sale on Saturday and picked up 3 NHT 1.1 speakers for $10 (2x 1.1 L and R matching pair and a 1.1c). These are dated 1994, so they apparently have some years on them. I checked the foam around each woofer and they appear to be in good shape. I just finished setting up my home theater room (minus the audio system) and was thinking about maybe getting these guys setup as the fronts? Basically, any information about these would be awesome, also,...
Thanks guys for your tips, it really helped out last night. I worked on painting this guy until about 2:30AM last night and now I can finally test it! I'm definitely liking the pop I'm getting off the colors. Things are a bit "shimmery" and that is a little different from watching the plain BOC. Image of the screen consistency. Seems a bit orange peel like. Is this pretty normal? I have a couple issues right now though. There are a couple "bands" going...
So I've finally made it to the point of spraying my screen.http://www.avsforum.com/t/1471180/so-much-information-its-mind-boggling-planning-diy-swing-down-aluminum-screen-w-epson-8350#post_23458961 I just did a first "duster" coat onto my screen and am not sure if this is what it should look like. I thought I had the viscosity down when straining through the sock strainer, but maybe I'm not there yet? I'm using the Gracco no name sprayer with a 1.5mm tip. I am trying...
MM, Thank's for the reply. I'm sorry, but your post is a bit confusing to me. Do you have any examples of what you're talking about? For the 3x6" strapping, I'm not sure what these look like or how they would help. For the 1x4 vertical brace set in 1/4", I'm don't know how I would wedge it in anywhere, unless I screwed in some sort of bracket on the back side of the existing frame and then wedged it in between that. Is that what you're trying to get at? I've...
Alright, well I got started and have made a fair amount of progress on my build (and I have PICTURES!) The first thing I did was finish painting the room. I did a gold around the side walls and then a flat black on the wall with the projector. After doing that, we decided to just go for it and paint the ceiling black too. It turned out pretty decent. I still need to go around and touch-up the joining top, but you can't really tell from here Next I had a buddy with...
Ok, I think you've convinced me that I will need to replace the lighting before I mount the PJ. We were going to move the fan w/ light into another room anyways, so I'll just use that as an excuse to do it earlier I would rather have it done right the first time too :/ what will happen if I don't place the projector 11'4" away? Say I put it back at 15' or 16'. Will the light loss be that detrimental?I have not bought it yet. The Short Throw PJ you suggested does...
Ah, the fan is in the center of the room, at about 8' from the screen. Would it be bad to place it @ 11'4" offset about 2' to the right?I'm working on the fiancee' to let me do the lighting, but she has other plans for the money in the near future. If I do end up putting in new ones, I'll need to figure out placement and probably install a new dimmer to account for the lights that will be covered by the screen folded up against the ceiling. The fan is at 8' out, whereas...
Thanks for the links. That screen doesn't look too bad for $200. I'll consider it, but I'm kind of leaning towards a DIY since I do like to build stuff I've been looking at the refurb projectors, and they are definitely an options. the Epson clearance store has them for the same price, but I'm just worried about the headache if it comes defective. I hear they take care of you though.