or Connect

Posts by rkmkinney

Dan , thanks for that idea, I could virtually eliminate almost all the cable that way . I have noticed a big increase of wall plates to choose from....I wish I had the skills to tear my walls apart and rewire themwith all the latest and greatest cabling .....I think I'll try the bigger piece of wood and see how much cable I can get rid of. On a side note , I see that Boxee has a new device out that has"Dual Tuner Coaxial Input (ATSC antenna / ClearQAM) " priced at 100$. ...
Here is the little board I'm using, I think I'll get some more 90 degree adapters and mount it to the wall by the incoming antenna leads. For those of us who don't have a custom built media room or high end rack system, you end up with a rats nest of cabling laying around(the board kind of reminds me of a rat trap). I've improved my swaging skills quite a bit as well, and those weatherproof PPC EX6LWS connectors are very nice to work with as well . Take care, Randall
Thankyou Dan , I receive about 42 channels +_ on the south aimed one and 25 +_ on the north aimed one. Its funny how a scan is usually never the same...although close. I have the preamps on the mast ,although one of the cables could be shortened, I was using one cable run for setting up the antennas and the longer of the two cables was used and didn't seam to make any difference when I made the second cable run into the house for the 2nd antenna, so I left it...I plan on...
I use an A/B switch for splitting signals, and your right about the channels not recieved, although I havereceived 6.1 or 8.1 a while back , I cant recall which one......The weather was so foul last saturday ,I wasn't in the mood for spending ALL day up there so I'll go up and do some more pointing and seewhat happens after I take a little break. I do look forward to "Hockey Night in Canada" at some point.Channel 2.1 and 32.1 are really beautiful in 1080i . Randall
Here is a picture of what where I'm at now , I have lowered and shortened the masts and flipped the antennas around and get all the channels I want, and hopefully will be able to use the woodstove without coating the antennas. Thanks for your help Dan.
Dan , I hope to get up there this weekend. I have lots to do up there.....take the old pipe down , put two masts up, the new 4228 and ground rod and 2 7777 amps are coming today .(the 2018 doesn't seem to have enough signal for two tv's) I have a cable organizing opportunity on my hands on the interior of the house with all the cabling to the amps/splitters/in-out surge suppressor/A-B remote switch.....etc.I think I'll try to mount it all an a board and shorten the...
Hi Dan , I have my current mast strapped using the 3080 mount you mentioned, I have tightened it a few times, it seams light duty ,but it held up with ease the other night in the windy conditions, the pole sits on a big rubber pad that will survive a nuclear attack. Where do you suggest I get a lighter mast? Maybe this one:http://www.summitsource.com/summit-antenna-mast-pole-pipe-tube-gauge-steel-tubing-outdoor-rooftop-part-interlocking-support-p-4680.htmThat Site seams to...
Hi be236 I still have the rca antenna, I wanted a bigger one because I wanted to split the signal and I lost some channels and didnt want to amplify it because of the cable routing I would have to do,I'm giving up on that idea though, as I just ordered a CM 7777 preamp. So I need to make a choice between the bow tie designor the yagi type( Dan mentioned in a post after yours) for canadian channels, and use thge CM2018 for Seattle locals,although eventually I'm sure I will...
Hi be236 , I pointed north with the CM 2018 and get 2.1CBUT(43) and CIVT 32.1(32) real good, CIVI DT2 17.1(17) weakly(just noticed the weak signal...weather sucks for further tweaking), CBUFTDT 26.1(26) good, OMN 42.1(20) kinda low but no problem locking on.No sign of CHEK 6.1(49), CHAN 8.1 (22), CKVU 10.1 (33) . Also great imporovement on KBTC 28.1(24) and KVOS 12.1(35) KBCB 24.1(19) KBCB 24.1(19). Barely get 5.1, 7.1, no 4.1.....9.1 works 13.1 as well , so I plan...