or Connect

Posts by sacflies

Thanks for the pic/info of the CX-17 crossover. I got a pair of these off eBay a few weeks ago. My next DCM project will be to replace the caps on them.Haven't heard from Jamie in a while. Jamie, you still out there?
Thanks Bill, but I think my makeshift foot will do OK. Maybe you can sell those feet on eBay for $25!
Yeah I have seen those. But didn't really want to pay $25 for a small piece of wood! I ended up having a friend just cut a piece of wood about the same size as the original feet, bought a bolt and washer from Lowes and used a paddle bit to bore a larger hole for the bolt and washer to sit flush in ...and it is working fine. Just need to paint it black. You don't see the feet anyway, so this will do OK. I really like the bases Bill made, but I guess I'll stick with the...
Yep. Yamaha CR-620, snagged off ebay, and a Pioneer PL-15D II turntable that I picked up non-working off craigs for $20. It was an easy fix and it works great. Both are in excellent condition. Had to change the lamps in the Yammy as all the lights were out. When I pulled the unit out of the wood case I snapped the tuner dial cord. That was a tricky little fix.Love the vintage gear too. I think it gives the living room a nice classy, retro look.
Not sure. I was thinking that maybe the auto headliner material I used may have been thicker than the original and maybe made it come up a little short. But the more I think about it...it was probably that I used too much of the sock under the bottom and left myself short up top. There was no piece cut out. I hand washed them so don't think that would have made them shrink. The 2nd speaker fit just fine. That sock seemed to have a bit more room for error.Yeah, I think they...
Finished the 2nd TF-600. Re-foamed, re-socked...and they are sounding very nice. Got this one done in about half the time as the 1st one. The sock fit much better on this one. Just noticed the stain on the front of this sock. It shows up in one of the pictures below. But it's not nearly as noticeable as the picture shows it to be. All in all...I'm pretty darn happy how it all turned out. Rescued a pair of TF-600's from the local Trade-It store for $30 and brought them back...
Here are some pictures of the finished product. She looks great from the front. A few imperfections from the back. But that's OK. Nobody will be looking at her backside anyway! I'm going to look into having some bases made like merlinm3 made for his 1000's. So, what do you guys think. Not bad, huh?
Here are some pictures of the re-foaming of one of my 600's. It went pretty well but took a long time. Made a few mistakes that cost me some time. I found that the sock did not quite reach completely from the top to the bottom. Came up a little short at the top back section on one side, even after really stretching the sock out to try and reach. Perhaps the reason the sock didn't quite reach from top to bottom is because the headliner foam I used is a little thicker than...
Yeah I saw that. But I don't have any means of making such things! I wonder if he would hook me up with some?Edit: I just read where he got the oak wood from Home Depot and they cut the pieces to the right size for him. I'll look into that. Might have a friend that could help with shaping the pieces up properly.
TF-2000's?! Wow. Don't even think they made it into full production. Check out this link over at the other forum from back in 2009. Some dude scored 2 pairs of 2000's on the same day!! BTW, I got one of my TF-600's refoamed and resocked. It was quite the job. Took much longer than it should have. But I work kind of slow, don't have anything remotely resembling a proper work area, and am a bit of a perfectionist. Turned out pretty good. I just need to make another foot....