or Connect

Posts by Troyus

Now that the format war is over...I'll probably be getting a Blu-ray player to go along with my home theater set up. Does anyone have the Panasonic DMP-BD30K? How does it work with this unit? As the player doesn't have internal decoding, and uses bitstream to pass along everything to the receiver...can the receiver decode all the codecs I'll need for blu-ray? Thanks in advance Just as an update, I've had this Receiver since mid-october, and it's been great - no issues...
Well, you can definitely connect to the receiver without using a dock. I connected my Cowon mp3 player using a line-in cable that came with it. I connected the line in cable, to the headphone jack on my mp3 player, and from there into some kind of 1 wire to rca out (sorry...don't know my cables too well). With those two wires, you should be able to easily connect your iPod to the front...or back of the receiver.... If someone could mention what those cables I was talking...
Upscaling will not remove the sidebars at all - it merely increases the resolution of the source content. I have a very similar set up to you, and the only way to get rid the side bars is to use the "aspect" function that your cable box or TV provides (usually the TV does a better job). There're usually a few different setting available, so play around and see which you find best.
I have a quick question with regards to multichannel playback. I have the Denon 1940ci, and was trying to play some DVD-Audio to better appreciate and test out my system, but when I looked at what my receiver was displaying - it didn't seem right. When referring to the manual, it shows that "multichannel" will be displayed, as well as some other things (I forget off hand...but I think DVD-A....). When I played the disc - all that showed up was the default setting I...
If you have an XM radio subscription, and get the XM addon for this receiver, yes it should. After looking through the manual, I noticed it has Neural Surround....and it also mentioned that "it's the chosen audio format of XM's HD Surround programming..." So yep, HD Surround radio...apparently 3 channels are fully dedicated to using such HD radio content, not sure if that has changed or not...
Yeah, this can be done quite easily. Go to HDMI Video Set UP, and for the i/p scaler, change it from "a to h", to "Off". This will make it so the unit no longer upconverts your video sources. I'm just curious, which TV do you have? I wasn't aware TV's could do 1080p upconversion so well, I'll have to test with it off and on to check....I have a 58" Panasonic PZ750U....
I got my unit on Friday, and it's been absolutely brilliant...working like a charm! If anyone has any specific questions regarding it (setup, performance, etc...let me know). My Set-up is as follows: Panasonic TH-58PZ750U 1080p Plasma, HDMI 1.3a Denon AVR-2808CI DVD1940ci, 1080p upconverting DVD player SA-8300HD PVR (Rogers Cable) 5.1 Definitive Technology Pro Cinema 1000 Speaker system Universal Remote Control Model MX-900 ... No problems at all, and great picture...
I just got mine set up yesterday. So far it looks/works great! I'm going to be testing it with more movies today. Upscaling works like a charm, but I haven't tried an SACD yet (I'll have to buy one). If you have any specific questions...let me know!
I just got my 58Pz750u - one amazing TV....definitely no regrets with this purchase, its beautiful!
It has the regular GUI (basic text menus) ...I think only the 3808ci and above have the new one.According to their manual...it says that:When I get mine set up, I'll take a pic of it.