or Connect

Posts by lutherm

Can FOX 15-1 be doing something that prevents my DVR from recording Saints games??? I record almost everything before I watch it. We live near Topsy (NE of Lake Charles) and have my antennas pointed to pick up 3,10,and 15 from Lafayette. Normally I have no problem recording anything on 10 or 15, except when Saints games are on 15-1. Several times it has happened, I set the DVR to record the Saints game, and come to start watching after the game is an hour or 2 into the...
I also have a Sony DCR SX63 and want to use it to display our church services live in the Nursery and in another room. I normally do not record. I can use the video out to send the video to the TVs, running the camera on AC power, but the TVs always have "STBY" in the center of the screen, and "W, T, and red dot" on left side of screen. Is there any way to remove this "control info" from the screen on the Video Out to the TVs? The camera we used before was an old...
If you have a Dish 722 with OTA tuner, I have a question. Are you able to get the OTA channels on the second TV using Remote 2? I have tried, and the OTA channels do not appear on the Guide of TV2, but are all there on TV1. I can see all the subscribed Dish channels and the DVR recordings on TV2, but not the OTA channels. If you can get them, tell me what I am doing wrong, or how to fix my problem. I could not get Dish support tonight. Busy signals, over and over, ......
If you have a Dish 722 with OTA tuner, I have a question. Are you able to get the OTA channels on the second TV using Remote 2? I have tried, and the OTA channels do not appear on the Guide of TV2, but are all there on TV1. I can see all the subscribed Dish channels and the DVR recordings on TV2, but not the OTA channels. If you can get them, tell me what I am doing wrong, or how to fix my problem. I could not get Dish support tonight. Busy signals, over and...
I like the CM 4228HD for our area, and it is small, about 3' square. I am not in Lafayette, but look toward Lafayette, from the west. It gets all the Lafayette channels up to about Hwy 171 going west, and gets all the Lake Charles channels, and Alexandria if near 190 to the north, without rotating. It might have a problem with ch 7, from Lafayette, because the 4228 is a basically a UHF antenna, but it works good here. 7 and 10 are the only VHF channels in our area,...
They have The Little TV (refurb) on sale again for $25 + S&H. $36.25 total.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc..._-89263090-L0B
I have had this same TV for over a year, maybe two, and use it for lots of things. It great for troubleshooting antennas and cables. Take it into the attic, on the roof, or anywhere, to find where the problem is. I also use it to check the dvr and cameras on a security system at the church. The telescoping antenna doesn't pick up anything except close stations, but take it off, and connect the OTA antenna, and it gets everything the other sets get. It also has video...
It may take a little while, but wireless broadband internet is coming... Clear and Sprint are working to get 4G WiMax installed across the country. It is designed for high speed internet and VoIP telephone service, not for cell phones. It will have a "air-Modem" for house service, and have air cards or USB adapters for laptop service anywhere. Combined service will cost about what phone and DSL service costs now. It's in Houston and several Texas cities now. I live...
AllAmericanDirect.com How does this change anything? They are a Dish supplier?
PS: In our area there are NO locals available on Dish or Dtv. I read somewhere else that you have to pay for Dish locals, to get the Guide info on the OTA locals, but if none are available, will I get correct OTA guide info if I pay for Dish locals???