or Connect

Posts by maintman

Yup, that Imax is pretty nice. I'm in Norman, and now have a hard time wanting to watch anything else that's not playing in Imax. The Warren theatre otherwise is still nice, but I can't understand why they chose high gain screens for their normal theatres. I actually prefer to sit off to the sides in those due to the hot spotting. The sound is incredible in the Imax, but like you, I had trouble getting all the dialogue as well. I picked up on some of it the second...
Couldn't disagree more. Wizard is correct with the recycling aspects of Batman Begins - and then throw in some of today's issues and politics (not that I'm necessarily against that). Plus, there are quite a few highly unrealistic, and 'the audience has to not question and just go with it moments'. And let me say that I love and appreciate the depth and detail of all of Nolan's works..but I still could not accept some of the ideas of TDKR.As much as I liked Spidey 2 when...
Watched it for a second time via Imax. Enjoyed it better than the first viewing and was less critical. I still have lots of issues with it, but it's amazing how fast the 2 hours and 45 minutes goes by.
I guess I'll be the bad guy and and say that this movie is overrated and is a big disappointment. I definitely put it as the worst of the three. I really wanted to like it, and I wanted it to do better in the box office than the Avengers because I just knew it would be the way better and more deserving movie. But I am honest with my feelings and the realities that are presented to me...and unfortunately, this just wasn't the case. I believe there will be a large...
Thanks for the help. I'll be putting some good time into it tonight and through the weekend. Cheers!
I'm running Windows 7 on a Nvidia GT430 card. Unfortunately, I had zero time to do anything with the equipment last night. When I walked in, though, my roommate had the Xbox 360 on, and it had the same thing going on as the computer as well. It probably won't be until Friday night that I am able to tinker around with all of it. I did have a side thought. I am also going to check my Denon 4311, and make sure everything is set up fine with it as well. I usually have...
Thanks for the link, I'll do a read-through of it later tonight. I am going to remount it. I just put it up where the Acer was, (which if I remember correctly, is around 17 or 17.5 ft.) but I think I can move it a little closer for max brightness. I haven't had a chance to do any sort of critical blu-ray viewings, but I threw in Inception last night, and it looked really good on the ps3. I did back-and-forth test with that disk between the ps3 and computer just to make...
Hi, thanks for the reply, and sorry if my post seemed vague. I haven't had much time at all to really dig into it. I did a quick look though of the menu and didn't find anything. That's why I figured I would ask first, and see if there was a quick and right route to get on, before I really dig into it and subsequently waste time messing with the wrong settings. It is a newly installed, refurbished model. I think that the unit itself is fine, because it does look good...
Sorry, I have an ignorant question to ask. I have the Pro8200 hooked up and all seems okay, but I did have to go into the ps3 menu and set the RGB full range setting to full, instead of limited. I guess I've always had it set to limited, and never had any issues with any of the other projectors I've hooked up, out of the box. Am I going to have to change the settings on all my sources now, or is there something I can do with the Viewsonic? Besides the ps3, I've only...