or Connect

Posts by noway1

Thank you for your input. I updated to the latest firmware and have been able to shut off auto play for dvds.
What is the workaround? I hate it when DVDs that I left in the Oppo start playing automatically when I just want to watch a movie from the hard drive.
The more accurate amps might be showing you the truth about the sound of your switchbox, source material, other equipment and your room. Not having seen your room, equipment and testing methods I have no idea if this is possible but as a spectator I cannot rule it out, especially when you are using 40 year old speakers. Have the Infinitys had their crossovers rebuilt? A lot of variables here.
I use either a Crown XLS 2500 or Yamaha P5000S on my 1.7s. No issues at all. Both amps have gain controls.
That's what I use on my Magnepan 1.7s and have been very happy with it. I run balanced cables out from the variable output of my Benchmark DAC-1 to the balanced inputs of the Crown.
There is an 8008x3 on EBay at the moment but it says Shipping to US but you never know.
Onkyo C-7030. http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-C-7030-Compact-Player-Black/dp/B004UR487A
Haven't heard the Lab Gruppen but I think it uses a 30A twist lock plug. Is this convenient? What about nearby service facility? I would also consider some new Yamaha P7000S provided you are not bridging them on your main speakers (since your main speakers are 4 ohm). http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/global/en/products/poweramps/ps_series/specifications.jsp Sometimes buying new you can get limited time return privileges depending where you buy.
That'll work fine. You might even find that you don't need to turn up the gain controls on the Crown all the way to get the volume you need.
If your CD player or preamp has only RCA outputs, use the RCA inputs on the Crown.I keep the Crown gain controls at 1/2 (12:00 position) That way I get to use much more of the rotation of my preamp's volume control + many volume controls (like the one on my preamp) have best channel balance at 12:00. I hate reaching maximum volume while only turning the volume control a little bit. Ideally, you would want to use the full range of the preamp's volume control rotation.