or Connect

Posts by Airhead315

Quote: Originally Posted by westerndigital81 It's probably the multiple levels of supervision that have little to no technical knowledge. One of my main problems was that supervisors kept cancelling stuff attached to my account because "it was out of the ordinary." I'm running an infinitv4 with multi-stream cable card and was using dual TA's. What they would do is see that I had two TA and delete one. I had the same issue when I was ordering. It took...
Well, in the past I was having terrible problems with a field labelled subscription expiration. I would have to call in every month and have them send a "balancing hit" to the TA to get it to renew the subscription expiration date. Otherwise I would no longer be able to Tune any SDV channels. This seems to have gone away completely and I haven't had an issue in probably over 6 months now.I've completely given up on TWC Tech Support or the contractors they hire to provide...
If you have Signature Home you probably don't have any TA's. TA's are needed to tune SDV channels on one-way devices. All 3rd party devices(Tivo's, Ceton Tuner Cards, HD HomeRun PRIME, etc...) on TWC are one-way meaning they can receive data but not send. The TA's are TWC issued equipment and simply provide the ability for the 3rd party device to request a channel from the head-end.EDIT: Ignore my post, you obviously know what your talking about after reading your second...
Just an FYI. For anyone needing to use Cisco TA's in this area. As of sometime in the past couple of days Time Warner rolled out new firmware for my three Cisco TA's bringing them to version 1402. This is supposed to allow one tuning adapter to tune 6 channels simultaneously. I have a Ceton InfiniTV 4 which had 2 TA's attached and now operates fine with only 1. I should also note that the Ceton card started having issues tuning SDV channels which is what led me to...
The announcement of delay was straight from Ceton. The retailers that Ceton has chosen to sell thier product through are not typical consumer sites and dont seem to keep their information as up to date as other retailers. Rest assured, the product is delayed. They think they can ship at the end of June but they refuse to give a specific ship date implying they really dont know when the product will be ready.
Bad news for Ceton InfiniTV 4 preorder people: http://hd.engadget.com/2010/05/21/ce...delayed-again/ They are now giving an around the end of june timeframe...
I went with 4 2TB drives because I wanted a total of 6TB in my HTPC...My reasoning for this is: 1TB = 20 BluRay movies (50gb each) I want to be able to have up to 100 BluRay movies available to watch(5 TB) plus my DVD collection. All legal of course but being able to just search for the movie you want to watch and start watching it in 1080p is a huge plus in my book. Obviously these numbers are slightly exagerated as once you strip out the junk the size the bluray takes up...
Finally took the plunge and purchased all my stuff for my HTPC aside from a CableCard TV Tuner: PieceNameFromCostRebatePSUCorsair 650TX 650WNewegg80.9920BluRayASUS BD ComboNewegg89.99CaseZalman HD503ExcaliberPC241.24MBASUS P7P55D Newegg119.99CPUIntel Core i5 750Newegg194.99CPU FanZalman CNPS9500Newegg47.98HDHITATCHI 2TB 7200RPM x 4Newegg479.9680VidSapphire Radeon HD 5770Newegg159.99MemG.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB(2x2GB)Newegg109.99 Comes out to $1525.12 - $100 Rebate. Alot of...
Out of curiosity what do you use to rip your BDs to ISO?
The antec case has 2 HD Bays (the 5.25" bay will house the BluRay player). The Silverstonetek case is actually a standard ATX case, It supports both ATX and MicroATX. You do need a dedicated TV Card to record television. Some people build HTPC's and watch shows on things like netflix, hulu, cbs online, nbc online, etc... However, if you want to watch/record things like Discovery Channel HD you will need a TV Tuner Card with a CableCard slot. This is because most cable...