or Connect

Posts by Airhead315

These questions are very familiar to me as I had the same questions when I started investigating HTPC. I will try to answer them the best I can. Why dont i need a dedicated sound card: Sound cards are almost exclusively used to convert Digital Audio signals to Analog Audio signals. You dont need a soundcard because the Digital Audio signals can be sent along the HDMI cable to your receiver. The receiver is then responsible for converting the Digital signal to Analog(This...
Thank you for your reply. I am now trying to decide between this one:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131405 and this one:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128409 After rebate they are exactly the same price. It looks like the second one can actually do PCIe 2.0 x16 AND PCIe 2.0 x8 simultaneously. It also adds SATA 6Gbps capability. I couldnt find any information on whether the PCIe x1 slots disable on either of the boards.
renethx, This guide is great! I was going through newegg adding items to my cart with the intention of simply saving the cart for later possible purchase(after I do some bargain hunting). I am likely going to build the Mid-Range Intel-Intel (ATI) system. I was viewing the reviews of the items and the motherboard you list: ASRock P55 Extreme LGA1156 Intel P55 chipset ATX looks to have a very high infant mortality rate. Even a good deal of the 5 star reviews start with...
Just to "Clear the Fear" people should realize that Copy Never is only really used on Pay Per View and other pay as you go items. The cable company sets these flags and if they set Copy Never then even their own DVR, or a Tivo cannot record the show. This doesnt mean you cant watch the show, you just cannot record it. Keep in mind, with CableCards you will lose cable company specific benefits such as Pay Per View, On Demand, etc... So in reality you will likely never...
I have the following: Dell E6500, Windows 7, (I forget the exact video card but It was Nvideo 160m or something) Output: DisplayPort Monoprice DisplayPort to HDMI Onkyo HT-RC160 Input: HDMI Output: HDMI Samsung UN55B8000 LED TV Input: HDMI Everything works great, I can get great video clarity and I can get windows sounds to come through just fine. However as soon as a launch VLC I see the HDMI and PCM lights go off on the receiver and the sound stops. If I exit...
In the instructions for the wall mount and in the video instructions it shows a diagram of the TV, it draws a line from the center of the TV outline to the mounting brackets that are attached to the wall and it says 9". Using this measurement I was very close to where I wanted the TV. Basically, if you outline the TV on the wall where you want it, measure to the center then 9 inches up and mount the brackets on the wall, when you hang the TV it should be very close to the...
This is called Auto Dimming. People found out they can disable this "feature" using the service menu, though ive heard that by going into the service menu you void your warranty.
I believe what he was trying to say is that he didnt make any adjustments to the game. He just put the disk in and played. By DEFAULT he meant that he didnt go into the game calibration menu and change anything.
Excuse my newb question, but: How do I determine if my UN55B8000 suffers from "flashlighting" or "clouding"? Once I know how to test for it, should I increase the backlight up to one notch before it starts happening?
I wish I could be more helpful, but I havnt actually hung the TV yet, I did however, put up the mounts, everything is ready, I just need to put it on the wall. I used the 9 inches from center and hoped it was acurate. I put the mounts about 7.5" from eachother and verified with a tape measurer that they fall between the mounts on the TV. One thing I was uncomfortable with was putting the wire on the back of the TV, the last instruction(in the video) tells you to turn the...