or Connect

Posts by Airhead315

Hey guys, I want to verify, if the TV is currently sitting on the stand that came with the TV if I remove the screws will the TV fall? In other words, can I remove the screws with the TV standing up, or do I have to lay the TV down? I imagine that the mount protrudes into the TV in some way and the screws just attach the mount to the TV so it can be moved without the stand falling off.
Just got my UN55B8000 hooked up. Just a few questions: 1.) Where can I find some decent calibration information? (I am slightly color blind(red/green deficiency)) so its hard for me to trust my eyes for manual calibration 2.) I will be mounting this on the wall and already have the ultra slim mounts on the wall. How do I remove the base correctly? The book just says remove the screws, but Im worried once I remove the last screw the TV will fall. I thought I should...
Hey guys, The ultra slim mount(WMN1000b) instructions(and video) say that you should mount the wall supports 9" above center. Is this accurate for the UN55B8000? If I trace out where I want the TV to be on the wall, measure 9" above center and mount my posts in the middle does that mean my TV will be within the lines I drew? Or should I place the posts a little above 9" to account for flexibility in the wire?
Hey guys, Just got the UN55B8000 and am looking to hide these wires. What are you guys using for raceways/channels? Ive been looking around but keep getting worried about clearance due to the thickness of the raceways. What raceways did you guys use? Im looking for a professional look but cannot make large holes in the wall as its an apartment. (AKA, no PowerBridge) Any Ideas?
I wish :-/ Unfortunately its not a private renter, its an apartment complex and they own 9 or 10 different communities in this area so they have really strict guidlines for thier apartments. Also, the most ideal location for a slim TV like this would be above the fireplace, but the wall above the fireplace is 48" wide and the TV is 52" wide :-(. I think I have to change my tact a little and give up with the in-wall installation. Im looking at the OMNIMount cord concealer...
Noone has any suggestions for this?
Ok, Just bought a UN55B8000 LED/LCD TV and im trying to find the most appropriate way of concealing the cables. My first inclination was to drill a hole large enough to fit the Power, HDMI, and LAN cables through. However, after reading threads on here it turns out running the standard Power cable inside a wall is a bad idea? So what do I do now? I've seen the PowerBridge thing which has one recessed outlet and a spot to run cables, however, its just too big. I plan...
lol, I dont know yet, the brackets are mounted but only one of the speakers is up on the wall as I am waiting on delivery of new speaker wire because the old stuff I was using isnt long enough for the right rear and Im not going to bother patching it together until I can do the full blown install. Speaker wire should arive towards the end of this week, I will update then. Also, the included speaker mounts dont have verticle angle adjustments, so they are turned...
Thanks everyone for your help, I mounted the speakers on the side wall and had little say in where they go horizontally due to being constricted to stud location. I did mount them 2-3 feet above ear level and they ended up about even with ears horizontally when sitting. A word of advice to newbie speaker installers. I went out and purchased drywall mounts, the things that look like this: (|-------->------ where the > symoblizes a spring loaded device that will...
Is that true? Will I lose the "something is behind me" effect if I place the speakers in line with the ears of those listening?