or Connect

Posts by Airhead315

Doesnt mounting the speakers directly in line with ears make them more like pure L/R rather than left and right rear? Wont I lose the "something is behind me" effect or am I just imagining that?
Hey guys, I know this question has been posed many times but my setup is a little unusual. For one there is alot of different viewpoints on whether the speakers should be placed at ear level or not. Also, in my setup if the speakers are mounted on the rear wall they would be very close to the sofa, meaning the right would be blaring into the ear of the person on the right and the left would be blaring into the ear of the person on the left. HOWEVER, I do have the option...
Hey guys, I recently purchased this receiever. It has yet to be delivered but in my normal OCD way I am already planning how to hook it up. Im running into a bit of a snag however. According to the manual to get component to output via HDMI both the HDMI setup and component setup otpions should be set to "-----". My problem is, this to me means that I cannot reassign IN1 to anything other than CBL/SAT and I cant reassign IN2 to anything other than DVD/BD. This...
I looked at my DVR and following the instructions in this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post4682052 It appears I have SARA. because I have the A B C commands they list.
I am heavily considering it...without the first run on this channel feature I mine as well setup a dvd recorder to record shows since all im telling the system to do is to record that show at that time...whats even stupider about the options Im given is if a show starts or ends 1 or 2 minutes later or earlier than usual it wont record because its in in the timeframe I setup to record...
Hey guys, I did a search on this forum and didnt find anything. Im a Comcast customer and have the Scientific Atlanta 8300HD DVR but when I go to record a show I only get 3 options "Any time on this channel","In this timeslot on this day on this channel", and "In this timeslot any day on this channel". My parents(in a different market, Time Warner) have the same box and get the "First run on this channel" option. Also, when I view a program in the guide it does...
Im a newbie, so anything I say should be taken with a grain of salt. However, I know that when you setup an activity you can setup things to do when you leave the activity. I would think that the remote would execute these commands when you hit the Off button since you are leaving the activity. You could then add the sequence as something to do when you leave the Play a Game(or whatever you called it) activity.
Hey everyone perhaps someone can help me. When I hit Watch TV in the activities list the system powers on my TV,Receiver, and Cable box, then it sets them to the correct inputs. My problem is that the Receiver powers on and begins playing sound about 5 seconds after it is turned on. The TV has a default of a 25 second power-on delay(its a DLP) which i changed to 8 seconds. Here is the problem, When we watch a show that requires our sound be turned up and we goto bed if...
Just checked the delays and the TV has a 25000ms delay for Power-On...which is ridiculous(i lowered it to 4000 we will see how that works). The TV takes a second or two to turn on but it still receives and processes input selections before the screen is at full brightness. My Receiver turns on and takes about 5-10 seconds before you can here a click and the sound comes on, this is how I prevented the loud sounds when I used my old remote(I would have 5-10 seconds to...
For shortened version read only bold. Got my Logitech Harmony 880 the other day and i found an issue that will largely affect whether I keep it or not. My Watch TV button does the following: TV state is on Receiver state is on Cable box state is on All other devices are off Cable box is set to "Cable In" TV is set to "HDMI 2" Receiver is set to "Video 1" Exit command is sent to the TV(had to do this because for some reason the "HDMI 2" label stuck on the screen) The...