or Connect

Posts by gridbug

REALLY enjoyed this one, and I'm also a fan of the Reeve/Donner films. This is a Superman story for the 21st century, and it totally delivers on all fronts. Epic moments (Pa Kent's final scene, the Krypton sequences, the battles on Earth) and some damn fine casting (only exception may be Lois as she hasn't grown on me and I will probably forever see Margot Kidder as the go-to for that role) and a brilliantly understated score by Zimmer make this a day one purchase. Can't...
Watched and enjoyed season one, but after seeing the first episode of the second season we could tell that the "let's go over the top because we can" bug had bitten the producers and we tuned out. Ah well...
Never hoid of this, but will see about securing a copy...
A triumphant last hurrah for the PS3. Highly Recommended!
EASILY the best of the DC animated features thus far. Surprisingly adult in both theme and execution (pun intended) and a great story well told. The bar has been raised with this one. Can't wait to see what comes next.
Ralph's assessment is right on. Gorgeous film, great visuals, uninspired story, but still worth the time for a look.
I used Audyssey for the initial setup and then manually tweaked the things that sounded "off" to me and all was well.
Retaliation was big, loud and dumb... and I loved it. Perfectly captured the aesthetic of the 80's Joe cartoon and is a perfect popcorn movie. Only flaw (and it's a big one) is the inclusion of Rza as the Blind Master. He can't act, he looks ridiculous (the makeup) and the movie stops cold when he appears on screen. On the flip side, Bruce Willis as the original GI Joe was great and definitely helps smooth out the bumps. All in all, a great time as long as you're willing...
Worked this one out, had to do with plugging the IR reciever for the PS3 into a different outlet. Success!Found a workaround for this one: discovered that when I power the system on in GAME mode, I then need to select MEDIA SERVER on the remote, then go back into GAME mode and the extended display works. This leads me to think that there must be some sort of setting I can make on the AVR that will allow that second step to be omitted but I haven't found it yet.Bonus...
Thanks for the info, jd! And for the redirect as well