or Connect

Posts by helmsman

Oh, and I built a stage and walled in the front left and right speakers, and it was nice having plenty of room on the sides of the screen to do this. This ended up crating a recessed screen area that is 21 inches in from what is effectively my new screen wall, and I added a stage with a curved first step that ended into the room another 16 inches, so it's like I have a 3 foot stage. I will post some pix if but I'm waiting for carpet - can take some in the meantime...
Martycool007 - for what it's worth, my opinion is don't be too dismissive of going with one row of seats. That's exactly what I did in my theater which is roughly 14 feet by 21 feet. I have double doors coming into my theater midpoint on one of the shorter walls, and I have my screen placed on one of the longer walls. While this may seem a little non-conventional I really like the setup. I have 5 seats (a 3 section parallel to the screen wall and one single on each...
Thanks guys, I suspected these answers so off to Home Depot I go to buy some spray paint. Still, I'm surprised they don't make black registers like they make black electrical plates.
I'm finishing up a remodel of my existing home theater and I have moved all my equipment behind the back wall in another room (accessible by a door in the back wall of the theater.) First of all I was shocked how nice it is to have zero projector noise, given that PJ noise never really bothered me before. But I agree with Aberk, I don't want want to see any lights or LEDs from my components, as pretty as they are (Marantz AV7005 processor, Oppo BDP-103 Blu-Ray player,...
I'm redoing my home theater and just painted the ceiling black. I want to avoid trying to paint the old white register but I can't find black ones anywhere. I tried google, amazon, ebay, etc. Any ideas?
In case anyone is looking for the answer to this in the future I figured it out thanks to the helpful support team at SIM2 USA, and there are a couple of tricks. You need to press the down arrow and the menu button at the same time on the back of the projector. Take into account the orientation if your projector is hanging inverted from the ceiling. The trick I learned is that you have to have a source connected and feeding a signal to the projector. If you just had...
Funny how my home theater projection equipment becomes "obsolete" or at least depreciates significantly with new technologies and price points becoming available, but my anamorphic lens never does. That simple piece of glass was the best investment I ever made.
Hoping someone can provide an answer for this old but still very good SIM2 HT300 Plus. I just changed my bulb but I can't figure out how to reset the lamp hour meter. I found a video on YouTube that said to press the mute and info buttons on the remote control within one second of eachother but I don't think the mute button is active on my model, and all it did was recognize the info selection. I'm sure it's simple - does anyone have any ideas? Do I also need a setup...
$1200? I'd snap it up! Hell, you could probably flip it for $3k. I would pay you $2k to replace my old SIM2 hT300 Plus without even thinking. That being said, my old PJ still works fantastically, never had a problem with it. I would like to go 1080P but 720P with my anamorphic lens is stilling giving me a great home theater experience. I love these SIM2 projectors.
Totally agree with the above. I would invest in an anamorphic lens for the best results. Keep an eye open and you should be able to pick up a used one for a reasonable price - I've seen Panamorph 380s go for under $1500. The lens will never become obsolete or wear out like a projector does (until someone comes out with a native 2.4:1 setup, but that will be expensive out of the gate) so I think it's a good investment. As for the screen, I made a what I thought was...