or Connect

Posts by wolfereeno

I finally got a sound bar about a month ago. My review in short? Yawn. First, I have a pretty big living room in an old brownstown building with a lot of wood wall paneling, fireplace, and such. There's no easy way to run wires around it. So I figured I'd get a soundbar. I picked up a yamaha ysp 3300, new off ebay from one of those dirt cheap places. Maybe the room is just too weird. It's 19' x 19. But one side wall is blank, one has tons of books. The ceiling...
I bought the Yamaha YSP 3300. Should have it by Saturday! :-)
haha! You're absolutely right! This has been a long drawn out search. And I've been using 35$ crap computer speakers for over 4 years now! I think I am going to go for the yamaha. It seems to have everything I need. If I don't like it, I'll just upgrade my NAD stereo receiver and get a center speaker. I am a musician and do lots of playing and recording on great equipment. But I'm not the biggest audiophile with regard to TV. I do want better dialog enhancement,...
I have a Pioneer monitor that only has line level stereo audio outputs. So I think I need a soundbar that has multiple HDMI inputs and switching for cable box, apple tv, and playstation. The models I end up liking don't have HDMI inputs. I've been looking at the mid price level units like the zvox and the 2.1 bose cinemates. I just want better dialog and some enhanced sound processing. I'm not really into full immersion overwhelming sound for TV. I just want better...
I'm trying to move forward with a decision on a simple self powered sound bar for my Pioneer KRP 500M monitor. I use the following components: A fairly new Time Warner DVR setop box and an Apple TV. Right now I just have a pair of 2.1 computer speakers that are connected to the TV's audio Line outputs. I think I also have a small power transformer to boost the signal a tiny bit. What would be the best way to hook up say a Bose Cinemate or Zvox 555? If I just use the...
I'm not sure what audio out options my pioneer 500M monitor has other than basic stereo outs. I guess that means I'd need a soundbar that would take HDMI inputs, to go in between the source and the monitor, in order to get the full surround audio information? I guess that rules out something like the Sonus. Right? Thx!
At $2K The def tech is quite expensive. I have this feeling that a soundbar should be cheaper than a surround sound amp plus speakers by definition!
Wouldn't the obvious solution be to purchase a center speaker? Also, don't most AVR's have preset modes that include settings that are optimized by purpose such as sports, movies, general tv? At least that's my premise as I do some AVR shopping. I'm kind of in the same boat. I hate the overwhelming BS sound of the explosive crapathons most movies have instead of a decent plot. I want to understand what the hell they're saying. And when I watch a baseball game, I...
I am looking to replace a NAD 712 conventional stereo receiver with something that supports 5.1 or 7.1 audio. Although for the foreseeable future, we will most likely just use it as a 3.0 system. I plan to use my existing speakers (Sound Dynamic 300ti) and add a center speaker. Our main goal is to improve dialog clarity. Our apartment makes it hard to wire rear speakers. Although maybe we'd use a wireless pair someday. And I'm not really a subwoofer fan. The...
Thanks, re no dialog enhancement. What about the ability to limit loud sounds such as the commercial volume reduction techniques some devices have? Does it have any features along that line?