or Connect

Posts by bbq_bob

I suspect that this is only true in the sense that the extender is not aware of where the original signal came from, and that it is just extending the HTPC's operation. I would be surprised if the Echo worked directly with the HD Homerun or HD Homerun Prime to watch live tv with the HTPC off.
I am new to using a HTPC. The reason that I would like to use Windows 8 is mostly around cost. Right now, Windows 8 can be obtained for $40, since I have plenty of XP licenses not in use. Media Center is currently being offered for free. In contrast, Windows 7 is over $100. I also think Windows 8 might be slightly easier to navigate from 10 feet away. I have been using the Preview Edition with an HDHomeRun Prime for about a month. It is not without issues...
Has anyone tried the Echo with Windows 8?
Panasonic charges tax. $1219.99 is likely your price after tax. This will vary depending on where you live.
If you log into Shop Panasonic, the TC-L55ET5 can be had for $1,314.99. Panasonic offers their EPP pricing to many companies, so if you register with your work email, the price drops to $1124.99. This is the best price I've seen on this model. It is a great price for a 55" 3D capable LCD with an IPS Panel.
I won't tell you whether to cancel your order or not. I think there have been some posts here (or maybe another forum) where people have bought this model from Frys as recent as 1.5 weeks ago and ended up with a model built in April with the old firmware. On the flip side, Amazon has a great return policy. I don't like to abuse it though. Personally, I have avoided pulling the trigger on this model partly for this reason.
The Panasonic VIERA TC-L47E50 is available again from Amazon. There is not any explanation as to why it was pulled for a few days. I cannot find a description on Amazon of the delivery methods, but I did create a few different orders, aborting at the last step, to see if the shipping options change. It looks like 50" and above get the white glove delivery. So, the 42" and 47" would just be delivered by UPS while the 55" would be delivered with white glove...
Did Amazon discontinue white glove delivery on big tvs? I had no idea that they were just sending as UPS packages. I ordered a 50" LCD from them a couple of years ago and the delivery was great. A truck with only tvs in it came to my house. It was not UPS or FedEx. The driver brought in the tv, put it on the stand, and turn it on before leaving. I can't imagine that a local store would be any better (although I do remember that my father had BB install a mount on...
I know the product was active yesterday evening since this tv is on my short list. The message that the posted is generic and gives several possible reasons. I don't think it is the description; I didn't spot anything wrong and if it was wrong, they are leaving their marketplace seller's exposed since you can still buy from one of them. It could be damage during shipping, but that seems unlikely too since Amazon uses the same method for all tvs, so I don't think that...
Recall on Wagner Control Spray Plus The on-off switch may be dislodged from the case when the motor housing is dropped, exposing electrical connections. A person may receive an electrical shock if they contact the exposed connections while the product is plugged into an electrical outlet. Description: This is Wagner Control Spray Plus 0414248 Sold at: Major and independent retailers nationwide from July 1, 2007 through January 21st 2009 (Date codes Y182R thru Y365R –...