or Connect

Posts by FourDoor

Unfortunately there are no IR commands out that will launch specific apps, IE, the TV App.What I had to do was basically create 2 identical activities that powered on the X1, receiver, tv, and dtv box. Activity 1 was just called XBOX One and the 2nd was called XBOX One DTV. The only difference between the 2 is that the hard mapped buttons were dedicated to using the DTV box vs. the XBOX One. So when watching TV on the XBOX One I can still fully control the DTV box. But...
Well this sucks! I ran the update tonight and watched the Warriors game through the TV app. After the game I noticed the Kinnect was showing that it was unplugged. Power cycled and followed the steps below but no Kinect still. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/kinect/kinect-sensor-wont-turn-on Online chatting with MS support now.
OK I figured I would share my experience with the XBOX One, Kinect, DirecTV Box, and Harmony One remote in my living room setup after trying to figure out how to best integrate the XBOX One for daily use. EQUIPMENT: Sharp LCD Onkyo AVR DirecTV HD-DVR XBOX One Logitech Harmony One Apple TV/WD TV/PS3 CONNECTIONS: DirecTV -> HDMI Splitter -> XBOX One -> AVR -> TV DirecTV -> HDMI Splitter -> AVR -> TV Other devices go straight to the AVR then the TV. HARMONY REMOTE...
My DirecTV box sometimes shows up as no signal within the XBOX One HDMI input after initally powering on. I'm convinced it's a handshake issue with the DTV box powering on first and the XBOX One not ready to accept the connection so it shows as disconnected. A simple on and off with the DTV box fixes the issue for me.
You are a much more dedicated man than I am to run a couple of extra HDMI cables.Where exactly is your equipment closet? If it's right behind the screen somewhere, then thats understandable but if it's in the back of the room like mine, then my hats off to you sir.
I've had the non pigtail version in my living room setup for about 4 years now. I was using it to split the DirecTV signal from the living room and my office and when I got the XBOX One on Friday, I just took the signal going to my office and split into my XBOX One and it appears to be working fine for now.But to your original question, it looks like the pigtail version also needs a power source so the only main difference I see is that the pigtail version doesn't require...
Nope definitely not ruling anything out after the introduction of the HDMI 360s.... Who knows, maybe in the future when we're at Best Buy, you see 3 different packages for the same game for the XBOX One and everyone will be ok with it:1. DD Redemption Card with a 1 time code for downloading direct from MS Servers2. A BR disk or maybe even a USB stick with just the DD digital bits along with DD redemption card3. Plain old School BR Disks that can work offlineAnd if to...
This would be the only option I can see happening. A DD equivalent disk that doesn't do anything but install the game and cannot authenticate for offline use.So at this point you have 3 points of delivery:Digital DownloadBluray Disk with offline usage authenticationBluray Disk that only provides Digital Download "bits" but license must be purchased/authenticated online.But the problem now is the fragmentation and confusion this will cause at the brick & mortar stores when...
No you can't. I have 360 (A) my primary and 360 (B) which is my secondary xbox. 360 (A) allows all gamertags to play DLC content from my main XBL account even if my XBL main account is not logged on. 360 (B) only allows me to use/share my DLC when my main XBL account is signed in with the secondary xbl account.
OK some random thoughts on how I am perceiving how this whole digital download content thing will work now after the DRM changes (based on how the 360 worked):- Buy a new XBOX One- Sign in to XBL on new XBOX with your XBL Gamertag- Signing into XBL "marries" the new XBOX with your XBL Gamertag for all licensing purposes (which is why the one time setup is needed)- All digitally downloaded games/content is attached to your XBL Gamertag (system license)- In addition, all...