or Connect

Posts by eljaycanuck

As indicated by fatbottom, if you calibrate your system, your sub should complement, not overpower, your speakers.How big is your room (l x w x h; sealed, or open to other spaces)? What is your budget for sub(s)?A single PB-2000 might suffice, or you might need dual PB12-Pluses to get sufficiently satisfying bass.
Another option is:- a boom mic stand (similar stands can be had for ~$20); and- a spring-loaded clip (which can be had for under $5).The clip works great with a regular microphone AND it opens wide enough to grip the base of an Audyssey mic.
Curious: Yesterday, you pointed out that the SUB 2 was flat to 10Hz because the 112dB it was hitting at that frequency was within 3dB of the 115 reference mark.In the chart you posted, the VTF-2 hits 113dB at 25Hz. Since 113 is also within 3dB of 115, shouldn't the VTF-2 be flat to 25Hz?Thanks.
That sounds pretty good to me! bear123: "You stay here, and make sure he doesn't leave."eljay: "Right, stay here and make sure he doesn't leave."[bear123 prepares to go to other thread. eljay prepares to follow.]bear123: "Where are you going?"eljay: "I'm coming with you!"
I understand your point now. Thanks for the clarification.
The product page for the SUB 2 states peak output of 126dB @ 60Hz. 112dB is 14Hz down from peak. Therefore, the sub does not play flat (+0/-6dB, or +/-3dB) down to 10Hz.
Yes, and in order to get that +/-3dB range you need to find the peak on the curve (+0dB) and the points to the left and the right of that peak that are 6dB down (not 14dB down) from it.1. And 115dB + 3dB = 118dB. But the sub's peak output is 126dB, so the sub does not play flat to 10Hz, but only to the upper and lower frequencies at which it can hit 120dB.2. You stated earlier that 115dB is the industry standard. 112dB is not 115dB, so it should be irrelevant that the...
I'm confused. Paradigm appears to be a poor example of how one should state the response of one's sub(s), given that on the SUB 2 product page:- there's no indication of a frequency range throughout which the sub plays flat;- if 115Hz is the standard, then a claim of 112dB at 10Hz does not meet the industry standard;- the 10Hz rating is -14dB, not -6dB, from what is presumably peak output at 60Hz; and- Paradigm boasts extension down to 7Hz with no qualification other than...
Try usaudiomart.com, too.
Since you're able to localize the sub and hear vocals, it's possible you've got your crossover set too high. If you've got decent bookshelf speakers (or larger speakers than that), you should try dropping your crossover to 80Hz. If you've got satellite speakers, you may not be able to lower the crossover much (if at all), so do try re-locating the sub to the front. You'll only know once you put it there whether that location will result in good overall output and...