or Connect

Posts by farnlc

I have an Probox 8 bay enclosure with 8 2TB hard drives that I use to direct connect USB into my boxee boxes and I'd love to attach it to my network so that I don't have to lug it to whatever TV I want to use. I have a netgear N600 router with USB port, but when I tried to use the readyshare it only displayed the first hard drive on my network share map. Is there something I need to configure differently. If this doesn't work is there another router that works with HD...
Ok, so I decided to build a concept of what I wanted and I guess at the very least it works, though there has to be a better way! I found two empty speaker shells at a flea market for $4 for the pair. Uploaded with ImageShack.us On Amazon I bought a 12 port USB powered hub and a toggled power strip designed for DJ set ups. I stuffed (7) 2 TB hard drives, the power supplies, 8" extension cables, the USB HUB into the speaker box with holes cut for the front...
I have 7 (2tb) hard drives of my blu-ray backups that I want to connect to my Boxes Box. I live in a townhouse with lots of RF interference so wireless distribution has been a fail and running cat5 is not an option. What I'm looking to do is create a box from maybe an old PC case to hold the external hard drives and wire them to either a USB hub or some sort of router with local nas that I can plug directly into the boxee box. I don't really want to tear the drives...
Quote: Originally Posted by csrini1 How to search all the hard drives connect to BB?? Hi,I have connected 5 external harddrives via usb hub. I could not find a search button/function to search these drives to watch the movie, i wanted to see. Is there a way. I think there is , but i am not able to see/think right now... When you have all 5 hard drives hooked up does the boxee see all 5 at the same time? When you go to your "movies" section and...
I just hooked up my Boxee yesterday and so far I'm very happy! I came from a WDTV+ that suffered from constant freezing and hangs where I would have to pull the power from the device to reboot. Also less than half of my HD-DVD rips would play. With Boxee I had no problems playing my blu mkv rips and DTS-MA sounded AMAZING! Initailly all my HD-DVD rips stuttered and froze the player requiring a reboot! I shut off DD+ and TrueDD in the settings and the movies play...
Lucid, let me get this out of the way..thank's for all you've contributed to this thread. Your color postings have been a great help! Though take my compliment with a grain of salt as my 720p and 1080i dish feeds look fantastic on my 65C10 so I must need my head examined! I might also need to look into a straight jacket because I always prefered OTA HD thru the networks as it is almost always less compressed than Dish/DirTV. While there are no doubt people using...
I have this player that I am using to connect an external HD with .mkv files on it. Last night I was watching one of my movies and about an hour into the movie it stuttered then froze completely to the point that I had to unplug the unit. I started it back up and started at the chapter BEFORE the freeze and the movie played just fine so I know the encode is fine. Is this common for this player? Is there anything I can do differently? I'm also in the process of...
Along those lines, I sent in for the rebate on the 3D starter pack and they said I sent in the wrong Serial Number. Can anyone tell me if this number is ONLY located on the back. There is a number in yellow printed under the A/V flip down in the front that looks like it could be. My TV is on my corner fireplace mantle and it would be a B1TC*Hto take down and turn around.
Here is my Setup: Onkyo 606 PS3 Xbox360 WD Live Plus DISH 722 Mitsu DLP 65C10 (Recently replaced my Sony KDS-50A2000) When I had my Sony TV the only real problem I had was the Xbox360 started flashing black when run through the Onkyo. Since moving I haven't noticed that problem When I introduced the Mitsi to the mix I started seeing some HDMI handshake issues where the TV would go black then say Invalid Format then AVR then Black again with no picture. If I...
Thanks for the reply. I got antsy and bought the WD Live Plus and it does what I want for the most part. I have a 2TB hard drive that I hook up directly to the WDLive+ and it plays MKV files from BR and HDDVD jsut fine. My only complaint is that it doesn't output DTS MA/True DD. Are there any that will play the actual HD audio from the MKV file.