or Connect

Posts by rousemc

Ok, so there are a ton of posts here. I just managed to pick up the 05 from 6th AVE at a great price thanks to some great people posting on the AVS forum. Thanks! Sorry if this has already been stated a thousand times, but was wondering about the PS3 and True HD and Dolby HD when hooked up to this receiver. This area is complicated and was wondering if someone can recommend how I should set it up or provide the link to this information. I use it to watch Blu Ray...
I was looking at picking up the VSX-1019AH, but am now worried that it won't be all that great from some of the reading on this site. I was at an audio store yesterday and the sales guy, who seemed knowledgeable, related it would be better for me to go for the VSX-03TXH that they were selling for $699 versus $500 for the VSX-1019AH. I'm bummed that the Elite receiver doesn't have an extra HDMI port and doesn't upscale analog signals. He made a good point that the...
Sorry to bother people on the thread. It has been some time since I have posted or read through things. I was waiting to see how my 4671 with FW1007 would work out with a PS3 that I FINALLY purchased when the Metal Gear Solid Pack came out recently. I haven't had much quality time yet with it, but so far I'm pretty impressed. Still need to do more testing. Anyone have suggestions for settings regarding the PS3 for games and movies? It would be great to get...
How did you manage to get a 750 replacement? I thought he were going to get a 650 replacement and last time I heard they were using the 650 as a replacement. Any news about Samsung continuing to harass people about AMP being optional and not replacing TVs because of their refusal to take responsibillity for a fix??? I'm just curious. Thanks.
Man, I can't believe that Samsung is giving people crap about wanting a fix or replacement if AMP is not functioning properly. To say the television is working to spec when it is turned off is bullsh-t! It is not functioning to spec as you can't use an option that you paid for. Part of the reason I jumped on board with this television was that I liked AMP. I was debating about going with a plasma instead, but decided against it for the AMP feature. Now Samsung is...
How can they justify replacing the 71 series with a 650?? The 71 series sells at the same MSRP as the 750. Also, the 71 series has a side control panel that lights up with subwoofer speakers in back both features that the 750 has. The 650 lacks the extra speakers and the side panel controls that light up. The only thing the 750 lacks really is a swivel stand. Can people comment on this??? Thanks!
Are you getting the 650 or 750 stud? Just wondering. I really like the look of the 750 and am not that bothered by the HALO effect. The only thing I dislike is that it doesn't have a swivel stand. The 650 looks OK, but the side buttons don't light up when you touch them which makes it harder to adjust if you aren't using your remote for some reason. The 750's controls light up red on the side after a brief touch, which is helpful. I've been on the fence about pushing...
Hey all. Just wanted to do a quick check regarding FW 1013 before I go down that dark road. First, I was told that it actually turns off 120hz when AMP is off? Can anyone confirm this? My only other thoughts center on whether it is worth doing as stutter pretty much happens with my Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive with AMP on low, medium, or high and now that the HD-DVD format is dead, maybe it is stupid for me to worry about it so much. I have yet to try a Blu Ray player or...
Hey everyone. Well, I've finally decided to start down the long road towards having Samsung actually DO SOMETHING about my 4671 FW 1007 that has stuttering problems with AMP on. It annoys me that I have to turn AMP off for a fix as I actually like this feature. So, my question to you all is regarding to updating the FW. The tech support people gave me the latest FW via email. I tried to tell them that I have doubts about it fixing my stutter, but they seem set in me...
Does anyone miss the swivel stand? I sort of like that in some of the newer televisions. Also, what do people think of the response time for this TV. Sometimes I kind of get annoyed with the lag I see with LCDs with first person shooters ,etc. The 71 series has an 8ms response time versus 4ms for this panel??? Also, are there any problems with stutter using AMP on any setting??? I currently own a 71 series which I may end up pushing Samsung to replace and like...