or Connect

Posts by Foxbat121

Yes, it has been answered before. In order to get bitstream audio (so that you get 5.1 or 7.1 audio from connected AVR), you need to set Digital Audio to 'Auto' and BD Audio Mix to 'OFF'. Missing either one, you will end up with 2.0 PCM on dolby tracks.
Sounds like a broken machine that locks up over the time.
You have to turn it off on all the devices (BDP, AVR and TV).On the Sony Player, it is called 'Control for HDMI'.On Panasonic TV, it is called 'VIERA Link'
Try set TV to full range.Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Sounds like a color space mismatch, e.g. your video is played back and output by the video card as PC color space (full range) while your TV is configured to Video color space (limited range, standard on all TVs). Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
No, one splitter or two splitters will make no difference here. The important thing is to connect all of them AFTER the POE filter. And even more importantly, OP needs to understand the basic concepts of home networking.
No. It depends on the source. If your 4K source is 4k@ 30p or below, any current AVR with 4K pass-through is fine. Most 4K video will probably be 4K @24p. Only PCs require higher frame rate. You only need HDMI 2.0 if your source is 4K @60p or anything over 4K@30p. You only need HDCP 2.2 if your source device require such new encryption standard from what I read. It is fairly new and intend to solve the security loopholes in current HDCP implementation. But it is not...
No, from what I can understand in the OP, I agree with leebo. It is purely networking related issue. To be honest, I really don't understand what OP is doing with this complicated wiring, mostly in the wrong place IMO. I have used MoCA and Powerlin networking on my setup. It's not that complicated. MoCA is just use a coax cable run to replace the Cat5/6 cable. POE is need at the coax entrance to your home to trap the MoCA signal so that it won't mess up the cable system...
A lot of modern AVRs have HDMI pass-through. Each brand has its own implementation. I know my Pioneer SC-1522 let you use the AVR remote to switch HDMI inputs without power up the AVR.
For 7.1 setup, surround speakers are one both sides of your listening position while surround backs are behind you. In a 5.1 setup, surround speakers are in the back corners, neither besides you, nor behind you. So, if 5.1 channel tracks are played back only on surround speakers of a 7.1 system, you will get nothing behind you. That's why most 7.1 AVR will map 5.1 surround tracks to both surround speakers and surround back speakers to simulate the corner surrounds (this...