or Connect

Posts by Foxbat121

That's why I said you will lose quality when converting (unlike DVD-Audio). I didn't say it is not possible.
IIRC, back when I was beta testing it, it puked out in around 8mbps or below.
Echo can't handle high bitrate MKVs, That's the problem with Echo, not extenders in general. You don't want transcoding on the fly. For one, your CPU is not powerful enough for that task. All you will get is 480p or lower resolution video if you do. Sorry to say, it is time to ditch the Echo and get a real extender like Xbox 360.
No, SACD players can output DSD stream over HDMI to AVR (HDMI 1.2) and there are many (mostly old) high end AVRs that can convert DSD to analog audio without ever convert to LPCM first. For many SACD purist, converting DSD to LPCM is blasphemy
I never tried. But the files can be copied out directly and as long as you play with software like VLC, not commercial software, the water mark will not matter.
DVD-A discs typically contain water mark that is the same as today's Cinavia used in BD. Otherwise, it is easy to extract. DSD stream on SACD disc can not be converted into LPCM without losing quality. I believe there are software let you extract and save as DSD file instead but not many players out there can play this type of file. You will probably end up with a 5.1 LPCM track. To compress them into TrueHD or DTS-HD MA , requires commercial software to do so and not...
They don't make 6.1 AVRs any more. You either get a 5.1 or go up to 7.1 or 9.1. However, keep in mind, 7.1/9.1 rear speaker layouts are significantly different than 5.1/6.1 speaker layout. But most AVRs will let you connect just one rear center speaker to a 7.1 system to setup as 6.1.
The video processor doesn't care where this video comes from. Modern receiver can digitize composite video without problem.TVs are too competitively priced to have any decent processing built-in. AVR is a different story. A mid to high end AVR will have sophisticated video processor that can handle your laser disc video quite well.
That receiver is long in tooth. Modern receivers all respect speaker settings when digital audio is received unless you purposefully turn it off (like in Pure/Direct or Pure Direct mode).
There is no such setting called bit stream. But in order to bit stream audio, you need to set audio to auto and turn off secondary audio mix.