or Connect

Posts by dryeye

My measurements were done in both rec 709 and Native. There was no difference in the lumen output. I have been using a Vango as my primary projector for just over a year now. The air cooled DPI 1000 has more light output than my water cooled Vango. I find that interesting and encouraging for the future development of LED based machines. The exhaust is also much less and cooler than my Sony even in low bulb mode. One quirk I have noticed and this seems to be standard for...
Not bad but this looks like a better deal.http://app.audiogon.com/listings/monitors-paradigm-s2-v-3-2013-12-01-speakers-60564-naperville-il
I received my DPI Cine 1000 last week and am very impressed with it. My thanks to Mike and AVS. My setup has the projector lens 59.5" off the floor and shooting into the center of a Dalite HP 2.4 148" 2.35 screen located 18'8" away. That's about a 118" 16x9 image. This is mid zoom for the long throw lens option and a 2.1 throw ratio. Also about a 2.0 gain at my chair. Out of the box the images looked a bit too green but this can be easily tamed using the projectors...
spentmuch, being Mr Popular is overrated. The issues you've described with the 8801 vs your old Lexicon are the same ones I noticed and the same reasons I still use my MC12HDEQ. Not hatin' on the Marantz but it sure would have been more attractive to me if it gave the user more control over the parameters in each soundfield. Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got till it's gone
Must be 20 something yrs ago I purchased this cd to check my hearing. http://www.digital-recordings.com/audiocd/audio.html I think it was mentioned in some article in Stereophile magazine .. Inflation looks to have really increased the price to a ridiculous level now. There seems to be some free tests/tones available "for a limited time" that might help here http://www.digital-recordings.com/hearing-test/ht-products.html. Hope this is useful.
Since you can easily move the speakers around now why not see how it looks and feels like with them up front? Like Jedirun says it will no doubt also make the room feel bigger. It costs you nothing but a little time right now.Just read what RMK posted above and wholeheartedly agree.
Did he say that after seeing the same pic you posted here? Having lived for a (very) short time with big obstructions in the same spots where your OS's are I can straight faced say they will most definately interfere with the sound from the LCR's. Even if they're only 30" high.Since you can't exactly place them in the front due to screen/speaker size limitations and I assume your A/V components will be inside those 2 empty stands, the only other placement I see would...
Thanks to some unusually rough weather last night I lost power for about 12 hrs. As soon as it and my interweb tube access was restored I checked into AVS. Upon reading this discussion on Halo A series power draw and remembered I asked the same questions a few months ago and was going to post my findings after I obtained my A31. Black A31's were out of stock until just a few weeks ago so today seemed like a perfect time to measure. My A31 results from a cold start (no...
MC12HDBEQ owner here who has been using a 7.1 setup with some model of Lexicon processor for the past 20 or so yrs.What are you missing re: discrete vs L7? Not much. There just isn't that much discrete 7.1 material out there. PL2X or Logic7 both do wonders. Do you watch old movies with mono soundtracks or listen to old mono music? Turner Classic Movies (TCM) cable channel sounds so much better with the Lexicon (only) mono logic modes than any other surrond mode I have ever...
Idle. Both answers were to this question. How many watts does the Halo A 31 amp draw at idle on a 120v line? I understand it is class A biased up to approximately 8W then switches to class A/B and would like to have an idea how much electricity costs might be as I expect to leave this amp on full time.