or Connect

Posts by kevinzoe

I think you're asking the wrong question . . . Rather than pondering ported vs sealed, have you considered how many subs are needed for that sized room?
Hello Roadster, Congrats on a great looking room and all the DIY work. Love the look of your speakers although I've not heard that speaker line. Like you I too have done a lot of DIY work, specifically for acoustical room treatments. Have you measured your room to see its Freq and time dimension specs? If you want to try your hand at diffusion to augment your absorbers, then send me a PM and I can send you a write-up on building 2D Skyline diffusers and a 1D...
Hi, I ordered two Rythmik F15 subs and got their standard 10% discount for multiple subs. UPS was the shipper via land. They arrived about a week later east of Toronto and I was presented with a bill for the customs, taxes, and duties, the details I have long since forgotten. It was a pretty painless process, which it should be with NAFTA in place.
Have you considered multiple subs? Three subs near-randomly placed a la Geddes or four a la Harman.
Hi azb120,Like you I have a stereo music room that is nearly your dimensions (21*14*7ft) and is enclosed. Unless you have many sub location options, I would recommend you get 2 or more subs to improve the bass modal response. I have a single listening chair and use 2 F15 subs which help immensely to get the bass right. There are too many trade offs with a single sub; corner loading produced too much low end so tried it mid side wall which was better but left some nulls...
Nice! Can you please list the equipment? Despite nice gear, I bet it sounds less than stellar with all those bare reflective surfaces. Looks like your room is screaming for acoustical treatments, which from 1st hand experience will escalate your system to loftier acoustical heights. Enjoy.
Convert a male end to a female end. . . . Sounds like my neighbor Bonnie who used to be Ronnie . . .
Any one using 3 or more Rythmik subs? I'd be curios to know their thought processes on where the subs were placed. Did they subscribe to the Geddes approach or the Welti/Harman approach or something else? Did you place one sub and optimized it first before adding the second and repeating the process for all subs? Or is there the ability to plunk down 3-4 subs and use a constraint-based linear programming optimization software tool to separately dial in each sub...
Hi Punman, I have one of my subs elevated to 4 feet to effectively reduce a height induced bass null and it's works very well. Mine is fwd firing however. How many subs do you have? Do you have an acoustical measurement tool to see what your ears are hearing? If you have only one sub then you will get more room gain by placing it on the floor next to a wall or corner. If room gain isn't an issue then I suspect the table location will work but tools to measure it are...
Seperates allow you to take a best-in-breed approach to system assembly, which implies very little emphasis on brand matching, unless the brand is a "category killer" in more than 1 category (amp, preamp, source, speakers etc).