or Connect

Posts by inline_phil

Nice looking speaker. Excellent work on the cabinetry and finish. Kudos to a DIYer who obviously takes time to do the job right the first time. I am working with a similar tweeter in my system. I have revived an old pair of Bozak B-302A trying to adhere to Rudy Bozak's original ideas but found that technology evolved beyond that era (late 1950s). Add to this the fact that the tweeters, while fair sounding to about 8KHz, had environmental issues (literal corrosive...
See my review of the Samsung UN65F8000 at http://www.avsforum.com/products/samsung-un65f8000-65-inch-3d-ultra-slim-smart-led-hdtv?utm_campaign=subscription&utm_source=subscription_digest&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=website&utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email Look at the blacks compared to the others mentioned. Plus this is a bright set which would work well in your bright room.
After installing the 58-0719 upgrade (factory reset but kept the account information), the sound changed pretty drastically from the analog RCA stereo outputs. Has anyone else noted this change? FYI, I am driving my 2-channel amp directly from the OPPO (no preamp, two speakers, no surround).
Hooked up my player and in short I am impressed. Well worth the money for what you get. See my full review at http://audiophile-musings.blogspot.com Now a word about the BlackArmor NAS 220: it has the same issue as do other folks. This combination just does not work (ie, Seagate's implementation of miniDLNA). I have been staring at the "loading" icon now for about 10 minutes and the only way out of this is to power down the OPPO. A good addition to this thread (or a new...
This is interesting since my 103 is scheduled to arrive this Wednesday. I too have a BlackArmor 220 that worked with my old WD TV Live just fine. Streamed all of my FLAC and AVI files without a glitch until the dreaded firmware update. Now it's a brick. Anyway, I too wish to stream from the NAS. Research shows that the 220 uses a version of miniDNLA, vintage unknown and unsupported, which is why it is so flakey. I use a Windows 8 PC but that has nothing to do with the...