or Connect

Posts by vze33jng

I finally have an update, but you aren't going to like it any more than I do. LG has been in touch with me for several months about the optical output issue. I have been told that part of the delay involves a complete lack of communication channels between LG-USA and LG-Korea. Also, I was told that they were using my exact hardware (BS) to re-create the situation and come up with a fix. I have been told that a new firmware is in development to address this particular...
I recently tested the network playback of several video files via "Home link" on my BD370. I have been playing with very basic re-encoding of my backed-up DVD collection and deciding which format works best... but that's not the point of this post. For the past two days, I have been perplexed about two files I created. One is a 1.3GB .AVI, and the other is a an .MP4 of the same size. Both files play without a hitch on the encoding PC, and the same over the network on a...
... Ever notice it's kinda hard to read your cell phone screen in daylight?
I have horrible reception around here, so I only get a few channels over the antenna. I haven't even tried to see if it passes DD5.1 in that case, but I don't see why it wouldn't.
Just an update... Some may recall that I (along with alster and some others) had noticed that the LH90 isn't forwarding DD5.1 along the optical output as designed and stated in the manual. I had called LG and had a tech out to look at it, but he was intent on swapping out the main-board, which I thought was ridiculous. In the end, I spoke with a support supervisor from the executive services department at LGE who, in turn, put me in touch with the most engineer-ish...
What about the picture wizard? I only ask because I wonder if there is a problem in the last stage of the display process or if it is handling inputs incorrectly. You could also try some TV feeds, but in the end, the answer is NO. Your TV should look thousands of times better.
Looks to me like you're playing from a PC?
I don't want to disagree with the meaning of your post, or argue about this place you use as a means of evaluating companies, but when I Googled it and punched in "LG", I was directed to their ranking of 25.73 out of 200. Unfortunately, this site is one of those that is found by people with a gripe. 29 negative comments and 1 positive? That's more than a little fishy to me. That said, I returned a $2,800 Samsung UN55B8000 for my 55LH90. I saved money, and gained picture...
Why these techs are trying to tell customers (mine did the same) that DD5.1 is not useful, or that the TV speakers are sufficient is beyond me. I suppose they would rather have the audio in a movie theater streamed over their cell-phone? Not likely. Sorry you didn't see my post about the engineer conceding that the main-board will not fix the pass through issue, since it was only brought to their attention two weeks ago (by me). Maybe you would have been saved the...
No word back yet. He thought he'd have answers for me by Monday, but I didn't hear from him until Wednesday, and he wanted to let me know it will take longer. I can only hope it's because they are looking for solutions, and not because they haven't the resources to go into it.I don't see why DTS shouldn't be able to pass... but I'm no expert. I love my DTS...