or Connect

Posts by jjeff

How have you been recording lately, do you still get the TVGOS signal are all your events done manually without the use of the TVGOS grid?
It sounds like the DVR+ may be the winner in weak signal reception(as the CM 7000 CECB was, second to none IMO) but not as good as good for multipath(again like the CM 7000 was, for multipath I found the Zenith DTT CECB to be second to none). Not sure if making something better for weak signal inherently makes it more susceptible to multipath but it might makes sense...... Like Theducksfan2010 said, the only way to know if it will work in your situation is to try it  
The Toshibas are made by Funai which also makes the Magnavoxes, if your not happy with the recording quality of a Magnavox you won't like a Toshiba. I use Panasonics everyday and finally after 6 years I had a laser failure, actually 2 but again this was after literally 1000s of hours of heavy use. Nothing lasts forever, especially lasers in standalone DVDRs, they just wear out. IMO the only brand that may come close to Panasonic in life might be the Funai(Magnavox or...
I'm really thinking its the power supply. Capacitors are very prone to going bad on Panasonic models of this year('05). If your familiar with a soldering iron and can take it apart down to the board level you might have luck replacing the bad capacitors. They are generally identified by their bulging tops, they will be the larger ones in the power supply section. Digado has a nice thread talking about bad caps, something titled withering capacitors or something like that....
Or Sex and the City, talk about a bad fit for broadcast! The only program I actually liked on broadcast that was from cable was when NBC?? ran Dexter during the writers strike. Dexter in the raw was just to violent and gory for me, on broadcast it wasn't bad, too bad it only lasted about as long as the writers strike. EDIT- Actually it looks like Dexter was on CBS and not NBC as I had thought, thanks HDTVChallenged
Shows as new(well at least not a repeat(R)) on my Tivo, also OAD is  today.....
I have both(Tivo HD and iView) and all I really use the iView for is overflow recording when I'm already recording two things on my 2 tuner Tivo. For whatever reason my iView occasionally doesn't record the event I've programmed it for and I HATE the search function, Tivo is worlds better, the basic HDMI picture and audio quality is the same as the Tivo but everything else is way less refined and reliable. As kelson said comparing a Tivo to a iView is like comparing a Yugo...
Yes it's best to always record to the HDD on a speed that will HS dub to a DVD, if your title is too long to fit on a DVD you could always split it and then HS copy each title to a different DVD. One advantage to doing a realtime dub like you did was it tends to smooth out any edits, making the edit points less noticeable. The disadvantage of a realtime dub(other than the generational loss) is you lose any chapter marks you have made on the HDD, a HS dub to DVD keeps...
http://www.avsforum.com/newsearch?advanced=1&action=disp&search=SD-3006&titleonly=1&byuser=&output=all&containingforum[]=18&replycompare=gt&numupdates=&sdate=0&newer=1&sort=relevance&order=descending&Search=SEARCH&Search=SEARCH Not much on that model at AVS, looks like you have a real oldie thats for sure. Being a first I'm sure the build quality is very high, later models got cheaper by cutting build quality, happens with just about all electronics.
To reset a ES-30v you need to have the unit ON, then hold down both the channel UP and channel DOWN buttons on the unit for at least 5 seconds, this should turn the unit off as it preforms a reset. Note the reset may default some of your preferences and will wipe out any SCHEDULES so you want to jot them down if you've changed them from default. If this doesn't work I'm not sure what to say, personally I never use the FUNCTIONS dubbing option(one touch dubbing) as I...