or Connect

Posts by mcnarus

We need to get back to the concept of high fidelity. High fidelity is about sound quality. High-end audio is about shopping. They aren't mutually exclusive, but there aren't synonymous either.
But the only source for this is the same guy who made it up in the first place. The Internet is an echo chamber. If you shout a lie into the Grand Canyon, it's still a lie.
+1.BTW, by "poor resolution," he means, "not the right brand names."Bingo. The way to improve your mobile audio experience is to buy better 'phones.
A good general policy. However, there are newbie lurkers around, so it's important to point out at least occasionally which emperors have no clothes.
...which makes no mention of Apple even considering such a thing.There's a reason "You heard it here first": He just made it up.It would be both pointless and self-destructive for Apple to offer higher-res downloads. They sell hardware. If they increase file size, they decrease the effective capacity of their devices. Ain't gonna happen. (They did it once, from 128 kbps to 256 kbps, but that offered a meaningful increase in sound quality.)What Apple might do (and the...
I (and I'll be a fair number of others here) bought my first audio system as a teenager in the 70s.A kid listening to iTunes downloads on an iPod today is hearing much better audio quality than I ever did at that age.So stuff the age-related snobbery, please.
Heaven only knows. It should be a 10-cent plastic part.No.
I can only speak for the quality of the SL20BD. The other one appears to have been part of a one-brand system, which tended not to be high quality. If you buy a used table, you should almost certainly get a new cartridge right away (and maybe a new belt), so you have to figure that into the cost.
Sound quality was pretty much a solved problem by the late 80s, so they'll sound fine. Getting one that's still in mechanically good condition and likely to stay that way is the tricky bit.
Yes.