or Connect

Posts by mcnarus

This is important.
First of all, Amir, kudos for doing this. Obviously there are some limitations to the approach you took, which others (including you) are more qualified to discuss than I am. So these are a couple of observations which are based on the rebuttable presumption that your measurements are accurate. The standard resistance of 12 AWG copper wire (listed here, for example) is generally given as 1.59 milliohms, which means that the Belden is overspecced. I'd guess it's somewhere...
I'm the kind that doesn't answer stupid polls.
Try universe.
Yeah, basically. It's easy to fool yourself into believing otherwise (and there's a whole industry out there encouraging you to do so), but the plan fact is that if you do a fair comparison, you wouldn't be able to tell an integrated apart from an AVR without looking at them.So keep the AVR, and upgrade speakers or add a sub.
No. It's accepted science, as reflected in major textbooks in the field.So because we might discover something new tomorrow, everything we know today is mere opinion? I'm afraid you do not grasp even the very basics of scientific process.We've been testing human hearing perception for well over a century. We have whole textbooks on the subject now. Audiophiles may choose to be know-nothings, but that's your choice.
Your analogy is wrong. The thermometer analogizes to the measurement device, not the subject. We have multiple ways to measure the hearing sensitivity of humans (including anatomical investigation), and DBTs have been found to be roughly as sensitive as the other methods. If they weren't scientists woud not use them.
Apples and oranges. Testing hearing perception is relatively straightforward. That's not at all the same as determining how the brain works.It's as if we said you can tell the temperature with a thermometer, and you insisted that was no good because a thermometer can't predict the weather.
In theory they can. In practice they generally don't, because their differences, while real, are too small to be heard by humans.
Well of course it was easy to tell—you didn't level-match!Which means that the difference you heard wasn't a difference in sound quality. It was a difference in levels that your brain misinterpreted as a difference in sound quality because of the way levels affect your hearing perception.