or Connect

Posts by mcnarus

What makes you so sure? Seriously, you use far, far less power than you think you do (and where you turn the knob to has nothing to do with it).Four watts is actually a lot—but that's just for the basic background volume. On peaks, you can use many times that amount.
Oh, Christmas, this thread was dead in the road. Couldn't you just leave it there?
They're pretty much equivalent. If you have the space and can spend a little more, you would be better off buying separate components than an all-in-one system. But if you have space/money constraints, those are reasonable choices. Id' say go with whichever is the best deal.
Does "I read it on the Internet somewhere" count? At any rate, pulse code modulation was patented in the 30s (in Britain), and Bell Labs was synthesizing sound by the 50s. (Remember "Daisy"?) The "audio industry," as we know it today, was just getting started then. All the key work, at least post-Edison and Tesla, was being done in the telecommunications field.
IIRC, AT&T was using digital sound even earlier than that.
1947, but do you really consider Bell Labs part of the audio industry?
You know, it occurred to me that you might have set the tracking weight wrong, but then I said to myself, "Nah, he couldn't have done anything that inane. Give him some credit." Glad you found the fix. Welcome to VinylWorld.
It doesn't need to be repaired. The cartridge needs to be mounted properly. I suggest finding someone locally who can do it for you.
Well, I think most of us can agree that if you're trying to decide how big an amp to buy, there's one thing you absolutely should not do: Ask an audio salesman.
Right. So that's essentially option 2. The only purpose of an SPL calculator is to give one a place to start.