or Connect

Posts by drmiller

Hey Gurkey...and others...not sure you answered my question. Are you able to play a CD over HDMI connect without having the Monitor on? Not sure about others? I don't seem to be able to. The reciever seems to search for it, but never locks on and plays the CD...until that is...I turn on the Monitor! This was and continues to be dumb...was hoping the 1.08 firmware my address this..otherwise it does correct a number of other items!
I have a question regarding the 1.08 firmware update. I thought I heard that the 1.08 update corrected the need to have the TV or Monitor on while playing back a CD in a player with an HDMI cable. I am using a Tosiba HD-XA2 and an Integra 8.8. Last night was the first chance I had to listen to a CD. I could only listen to the CD while the monitor (Sony SXRD) was on. Does anyone have input in this regard? Also...some one asked a couple of posts back about internet...
I posted this on the Audyssey thread and thought Onkyo 905 and Integra 8.8 owners...as others who might consider purchasing O/I equipment. (Chris is one of the founders of the Audyssey system). Well...first a thank you to Chris for responding to me and trying to help and to the Audyssey staff who contacted my Integra dealer. But with regret I find that I am being caught in a run around. The resolution to my problem when I lost my audyssey pro settings during an...
Well...first a thank you to Chris for responding to me and trying to help and to the Audyssey staff who contacted my Integra dealer. But with regret I find that I am being caught in a run around. The resolution to my problem when I lost my audyssey pro settings during an Onkyo/Integra firmware DSP update...from my dealer is to pay $300 for a recalibration and $135 for travel...so for $435 I can have the audyssey pro calibration done again. They were so kind..ha...ha to...
Hi all...you may have heard either through this thread or the audyssey line that when I updated my Integra 8.8 which went fine....I lost my audyssey pro settings from the calibration which was recently done. So...one....a warning you will lose these settings when you do the DPS CD/Wav update. I spoke with several people from Audyssey and my local Integra dealer they are working on a plan to reinstall my calibration which I appreciate. Audyssey is talking with...
Hi Chris and all. Thanks for your support and feedback. I am not usually a complainer....just an A/V lover who really enjoys my music and video. I was really excited to get the Audyssey Pro calibration and was was willing to go the extra out of pocket cost to have a first class job done. I am really upset with Onkyo/Integra and this design oversight or methodology...don't know which. My receiver is now updated with the DTS-HD Bomb removed...which was a whole other...
HI Umbiased....thanks for the input. I did what you suggested and toggeled through the HDMI settings on both the receiver and toshiba xa2 hddvd player. I also did a reset on the receiver holding down vcr/dvr and power button. This put everything back to the orignal factory settings. Like you...not sure what combination of these things did the trick...but now DTS-HD Master tracks are recognized. Thanks for the help. This was driving me nuts! So...I appreciate it. I...
Hi all...another interesting item after firmware DSP update. My Eagles HDDVD with the DTS HD-Master track no longer displays in the AVR. Is this how Onkyo solved the Bomb problem...just get rid of the DTS HD-Master track? This is really confusing. Has anyone been able to play a DTS HD-Master track after the firmware update. Still not sure if it is me...or the settings...or the firmware update. I made sure all the settings were correct coming out of my Toshiba xa2. ...
Hi Chris: I recently updated my Integra dtr 8.8 with the new 1.08 firmware and the DSP update that was a correction for DTS-HD tracks that were causing the audio "bomb" with this unit. Apparently this was an Integra chip problem that was corrected with a firmware solution. I had saved my Audyssey Pro settings as suggested, but this upgrade did wipe out the Audyssey Pro settings. I did the recall proceedure, but the display says...Store failed. Previously..before the...
Hi all...want to thank Joerod for the firmware update. Also thanks to all those who shared suggestions regarding my trouble updating the DSP update. I reburned the WAV file CD and tried another Yahmaha CD/DVD player and YEAH...the DSP files copied over! So the update is complete and all the numbers check correct. I did lose the Audyssey Pro settings and so I am in contact with the Audyssey installer to talk about reinstalling the audyseey settings. Couple of...