or Connect

Posts by smokenz

I thought the red tinge was only noticeable with certain glasses? I've found with mine on my 1070, the 3d looks very red and not good at all without the glasses on. When you put the glasses on the red completely disappears.
From what i read and what i have seen, this projector works better with YCbCr than selecting RGB. But you need RGB for the SBS 60p to work thus not using the best colour space for the projector. I personally don't use any SBS and just stick to full frame packing 3d blurays as the SBS is noticeably inferior. but still.
i simply use a white wall in my living room as it's pure white and seems to work well. i have 133" and sit around 4.4m from the screen and its a good size/distance. i tested it at around 160" and it seems a little big from this close haha. i can see a slight brightness difference between each side, but it is nothing compared to say muira of the old sony lcd tvs etc. and i don't even notice it on mine unless i focus on it during a single colour scene. so i think mine is...
I went and had a good demo of the 500es this evening. Look at 4k, Mastered in 4k, FTA broadcast. I would agree with the review and say the Mastered in 4K movie I saw was definitely not better than my current 1080p projector and appeared soft. Sort of the appearance you get if you watch a 720p feed on a 1080p projector. It's not as good as 1080p on 1080p The native 4k content was nice and sharp. Had plenty of brightness. There was no visible pixel structure even right up...
I use mine with pc all the time and don't have any issues that you are showing. Mine focuses well and colour is even.
Unless it is a game, I don't know if content does 30fps 3d. Which could be framepacked into 1080p/60 native if it was supported. Clarifying that 24fps movies framepack into 1080p/48. Which you can set your PC to natively.Cinema Movies are generally always 24fps. Hobbit was 48fps for 3d. Some TV movies might be filmed in 30fps, but generally that would be TV shows that go for 60hz interlaced. Or they would be 60fps progressive like ESPN HD.I don't think the projector...
yeah i expect those movies you mention to be pretty good, especially the animated ones. have you seen the avatar bluray that heaps of people love? i'm almost starting to think now that if anyone tells me avatar is awesome, i will straight away discredit their viewpoint. bit like people telling me LCD tvs are the best tvs ever and plasma is not. Happens all the time and you realise they have no idea what they talking about. in regards to the different types of glasses....
i have this installed as a trial and it enables 1080p/24 and 720p/60 as the only 3d options for frame packing. i believe the 30hz would only be for SBS or something.I have no problem with Bluray at 24p frame packed. movies are mastered in this format and as long as they have decent 3d, the quality has been good.
Just wondering how you guys find 3D blurays? I have watched Hugo, Hobbit, Avengers, Monsters Inc, Madagascar 3 and Avatar so far. Of the movies above I have seen Avatar realD cinema, Hobbit 4k 48p and Avengers 4k in the VMax cinema here in the Gold Coast. At the cinema I found Avatar to be average, Hobbit to be relatively good with 48p but also the negative side of too realistic, and found Avengers probably the best and easiest on the eyes of the 3. On the w1070 I...
i did the update with no issues. noticed the hdmi handshake is faster when changing desktop resolutions. haven't tested out much of the new 3d options yet. but i did end up getting Nvidia 3dtv play, which has unlocked more 3d in my games. metro last light looks pretty impressive at 720p. nice and smooth, no crosstalk, easy on the eyes. also helps that im getting pretty solid 60fps so the motion is smooth. so far, i'm really enjoying this projector. the only side note...