or Connect

Posts by tasburath

Here is an interesting article on projector central: http://www.projectorcentral.com/paint_perfect_screen_$100.htm?page=Finding-the-Perfect-Paint They actually had better experience with satin over flat.
OK. I'll have a feed pulled from the ceiling fan circuit. Thanks for the info.
I was going to run it above the drywall, coming out of a hooded plate to the projector and another hooded plate on the other end to plug into an outlet. Obviously, if it is against code I won't go that route.
Hey guys, I am running the cables for my projector. I already have the 30' HDMI cables and tested them. Originally I was going to have an electrician pull a feed off the ceiling fan for the projector power, but I am now thinking about running a 30' power cable. Something along the lines of this: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1736785&SRCCODE=WEBGOOPA&cm_mmc_o=mH4CjC7BBTkwCjCV1-CjCE&gclid=CL_3od_rn7UCFQ2i4AodYR8AcQ Is there...
Doesn't look like there are any dealers close to me. I wonder if any of them will let you buy over the phone and ship the software with the remote.
I have a harmony one remote (which I love), but I was researching URC remotes for my home theater since their is uncertainty with what will happen with the harmony line. This thread has ensured I won't touch anything from URC. I can't believe they refuse to let consumers have the updateable software for their higher end remotes. I'll just pick up another refurbished harmony one.
You can only program the R40 from the remote itself? Ugh. Which URC remotes can you program from a pc that doesn't require a technician to program it for you?
I was thinking about getting one of the R40 remotes but this thread has scared me off. I have had a harmony One for a few years and it was certainly much simpler to set up than what you guys are describing with the R40. My harmony is controlling the following: Sony DA5300ES Receiver Sony KDL-46XBR4 Television Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu Ray Player Sony BDP-S590 Blu Ray Player DircTV DVR Sony HT-CT150 Sound Bar BenQ W1070 Projector I didn't have to enter a code for any of...
rwestley You quoted my post, but I don't see anything below it. Did you have some feedback? Thanks
Hey guys, I've had my W1070 for a couple days and love it. I have 1.03 and have no fan issues. It runs after I shut it off like it's supposed to. This is my first projector and I have a question for others that have this. Is the color wheel (I am assuming it;s the color wheel) supposed to be loud when it ramps up? It sounds like a card in bicycle spokes going at high speed. I can hear it at about 12' from the projector with the sound turned relatively low on my...