or Connect

Posts by zombie10k

thanks for the feedback, I was wondering what happened to your posts since you had all those projectors at the same time. maybe they will re-use the updated panels for the lower/mid models and possibly 4K for the top tier. Without any real 4K content lined up for fall, it doesn't seem like the timing would be right for JVC to enter native 4K this fall.
It appears this is the case on the 600 but not the 1000/1100. I believe there was a discussion on this a while back.On my 1100, I use a full blue pixel for H & V once the projector is warmed up. This ends up with impressive overall convergence that is uniform across the entire screen. One of my benchmarks is small windows fonts on a 3840x2160 desktop PC screen. If it looks clean and sharp across the screen, that's a good sample for me.
some folks on the forum have been crusading against 3D since it's re-intro in 2009. I'm not sure I get it. if you don't like it, just watch it in 2D. There are some remarkable 3D documentaries like Micro Monsters narrated by David Attenborough. Animated movies like Frozen, where the 3D certainly adds to the viewing experience. Post prod conversions like Titantic and JP which they did an excellent job with. At the height of it's popularity, there was a ton of bad converts...
interesting info on this paint, this might be easier for my room than going with the black velvet curtains. I have a lot of area to cover on the left wall facing my screen. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1218000/the-blackest-most-flat-paint-period
3D will live on through at least 2016, JC says so.. Can you handle 3 more avatars? http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/22uz4m/i_am_james_cameron_ama/ boy is he right here: I believe all movies should be made in 3D, forever, but the projection needs to be better, and brighter. I want people to see in the movie theaters what I am seeing in my perfectly calibrated screening room, and people aren't seeing that. it's a shame there wasn't some kind of minimum standard set...
on the 4910 you don't really get a great gain in contrast by lowering the iris, even as far down as -11. wide open it's still ~30K:1, quite a bit higher than the native on the VW600. since I like the brightness, I would likely run the 4910 wide open and just the iris do it's thing. it's still impressive how it whoop's on the last 2 year's flagship models in the low -> very low APL scenes. They really should have done this starting with the RS40 in 2010, it would have been...
thanks for the info. I'd like to see different scenes though, I think there are more challenging scenes in that movie. Also some other material like 3D movies that have sub-titles, that's where it usually stands out as well. I think the 1100 does a great job for a non-DLP in normal brightness setting. better than the current JVC's can handle.
it's good to see my several year old 3D interrogation test using Sammy's adventure has made it's way around the world. This is still one of the toughest 3D movies out there with a heavy amount of parallax and high contrast scenes. The results they have are interesting, the 'before' looks similar to what i've seen when the glasses are set to high brightness. Going to 'normal' lowers the x-talk by a good bit, along with perceived light output. I would be curious if they...
The JVC is louder in it's high lamp vs. the Sony 600 in low lamp. I've had the 4910/57 stacked with the RS55 and X35 (RS46), the noise in high lamp this year is similar but the tone has changed a bit.This is 1 area JVC could improve next year, Sony has done a very good job handling fan noise. The 1100 is quieter in high lamp (1500+ lumens) than the JVC's in high lamp @ ~900.The HW50 / 55 is also quieter in high lamp vs. the JVC's. overall though I don't have an issue with...
they didn't include the RF sender in the VW1100 like they did with the VW500/600. In EU, they are listing the Xpand kit, but not showing the adapter. larger photos of the xpand adapter clearly show it's a 3 PIN vesa, so some type of converter must be used. great, now your going to make me spend some $$.