or Connect

Posts by zombie10k

thanks for the reminder, someone @ BQ contacted me a few a months ago asking if I wanted to check out the W7500. I'll see if I can get one since I already had the W7000 and know it's weaknesses. I also still have 3 or 4 different kinds of 3D glasses from BQ.
When I measured with the T10, open was slightly higher on the 57 vs. the 4910. The largest difference I saw was @ -8 and -11 @ -8, it was ~ 38K on the 4910, 65K on the RS57. @-11, it was ~ 41K on the 4910, 85K on the RS57. So the 2nd iris does seem to make a difference when measuring. The dynamic with auto-full on both is basically the same, ~350K. I used to run my RS55 @ -11, but with the new models, would likely leaving it wide open and let the iris adjust. so the...
I've studied these 2 projectors in a stack with a split source. If you equalize the light output (JVC in high /. Sony in low) the JVC has a noticeable advantage in the low APL scenes. A good example is the original spider man movie @ 29:00 marker or the interrogation scene in Oblivion.if someone doesn't have a large, low gain screen to light up, imo the JVC makes more sense for those that have an interesting in the high native contrast of the RS57. The new iris does a good...
yes, i'm surprised how long it's gone on for. I've had the 600, 1100, 4910 and the 57 all together at the same time. each projector has it's unique strengths. The Sony's can light up a screen larger than the JVC's, the JVC's have the killer native contrast. When running 4K on the Sony, it clearly has the advantage since there is only so much e-shift can do with 4K content.I'm not sure how much more there is to say... different projectors for different setups. I wish I had...
I noticed the same thing on the 1000 and 1100 motherboard in auto-full, it seems to change the image as you described. This was bugging me so I started poking around in the advanced settings. There is a setting with black detail, I forget the exact name until I see the menu item later, but when I changed it to 'medium', it instantly 'fixed' the image in auto-full and it looks as good as it does when the iris is turned off.I don't know if this was a topic of conversation in...
I know better than to mess with an engineer who is an expert with a slide ruler.. I am out of here on this one. I just know the 142" looks bigger than the 110"....
+1 on the Super Lumis for 3D, I'll have to get by with the discount Sharp 30K which has excellent 3D capabilities and some of the best glasses in the market. Are you swapping out the motherboard in the 1000?
^^^ yes, you must own at least 3 projectors to cover all bases. 1 for Sci-fi, 1 for 4K + super bright output, 1 for killer 3D. I think I know what that combo is.
ahh, the slippery road on 2D - 3D conversions. I'm less enthusiastic here than DV. I thought the Mitsubishi 2D - 3D was ok, but personally wouldn't use it. I already have enough issues with certain 3D content that was shot native, let alone a real time conversion. I'll take a look at it this week. DV, do you have any recommendation of 2D titles that converted well on the Mitsubishi? regarding 3D brightness, I have it dead center on my 142" 2.8HP. It's a little too dim...
I certainly don't mind, at least it's on-topic and relevant to the thread... I had a great time looking at these models this year, very hard to pick a winner when i find each one has their own unique way to reproduce the content I like to watch.my problem is 4 of the 6 are still here.....