or Connect

Posts by zombie10k

Tom talks about it here:http://www.chromapure.com/colorscience-gamma.aspOthers argue that one should use a display gamma of 2.4, especially if one has a high contrast display. This stems partially from the fact that Rec. 709 implies a 2.4 display gamma and many professional studio environments reportedly use 2.4 when mastering content for Blu-ray release. This is also not quite true. Calibrating a display to a straight power curve of 2.4 will only result in substantially...
It looks basically the same as the 600 now which is a good thing. So you have an 1100 now, I must have missed your post. are you considering the 4K media server + VPN setup?
mark what is happening with the other issue you reported after the MB update?
There are several noticeable improvements on the 4910 vs. the 45, it depends on what's important to you. A few things that stand out for me are better color gamut performance, better OOTB gamma settings, e-shift this year looks very good and of course the iris. Sci-fi fans and folks who like concerts will likely appreciate the difference the iris makes in low-> very low APL scenes. Watch a movie like Underworld Evolution and the 4910 can outgun the best JVC had last...
There was nothing specifically wrong with the 8000 I had, I just like the 30K better for the flexible lens shift (+ motorized is nice) and the G20 glasses alone are worth the entry price. I don't know what the fire sale price is on the 8000, I know they were giving away the 7900's recently, so you definitely win on cost. The lack of a real lens shift could be a turn off for most but maybe not at the cheap price it's going for. Seegs - did you check out 3D yet? ps. I...
yes, it was so good he sold it for the JVC... j/k
I didn't have much time to test changes, I was using my default calibration when I made the observations. The RC processing was my # 1 pet peeve on the 1000 and felt a bit of a sinking feeling when I saw the VW600 and actually preferred the 600 in a direct A/B. After the motherboard swap, I knew immediately there was a change for the better. I realize it's not day/night but I know what I am seeing before / after and quite pleased now with the overall performance of this...
YESS!!! can you hear me shouting from PA? I am 100% certain there is a difference in reality creation, I studied a number of scenes that bothered me in Oblivion minutes before the motherboard swap. It now looks noticeably less aggressive and thrilled with the results set at minimum. This is the only area I thought the 600 looked better than the 1000 and now they are equal with the RC processing on 1080P content. This was bugging the heck out of me, looking for...
out with the old, in with the new... hello Sony VW1100. Mike was a great tech, very friendly and naturally asked why I have 5 projectors hooked up at the same time.. TMB party tonight
The 1000 is a great projector but it takes a while to warm up until the convergence settles in so I use it mainly for movies. I would use the Planar more, but the throw distance doesn't really work in my setup. it's mainly about convenience. It's bright @ 900+ lumens, fast boot up and the lamps are cheap. I leave it on for 6-8 hours without thinking about it. Plus the 3D is nice on this model.. zero flicker or x-talk and it has my favorite 3D glasses. it's certainly not...