or Connect

Posts by zombie10k

go check out the 4910, the X90 will be for sale soon too... I think they did a great job on the DI and the black floor in low APL scenes is more convincing than the best JVC could offer over the last 2 years. I've had 65's, and 66's here and would still take the 4910 today. 3D is noticeably better too. better x-talk performance and finally FI in 3D. The 4910 would be my single, under 10K projector this year. The DI action is less noticeable than the 600. The 1000/1100...
I'm catching up to where I left off on your 600... now I'm finally going to be using this projector regularly, RC version 1.0 was bothering the heck out of me... 2.0 is a nice improvement, all they needed to do was turn down how aggressive it was and this looks great now.btw, the tech told me he was instructed to leave the serial number @ 9999999. Odd but it doesn't matter to me.. all that counts is that it says VW1100ES.
this is interesting, I used my SEN account to download 3 of the free movies back in December when I had Mike's 600 here. I logged in to see if the new movies I was downloading was registering on their site and happened to see those 3 still there from December. I am tempted to try and download at least 1 but I am going to be p****d if I get charged $29.95 for That's My Boy...
less than 2 weeks.... I better increase my prediction skills... 2 on ebay at the same time!http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sharp-XV-Z30000-1080p-3D-DLP-Projector-plus-3D-Blu-ray-Player-/281292299684?pt=US_Video_Projectors&hash=item417e53dda4
it's easier to just use the projector that matches what i'm watching, I'm having a hard time getting caught up in the argument which one is better, I like all of them!!
Tom talks about it here:http://www.chromapure.com/colorscience-gamma.aspOthers argue that one should use a display gamma of 2.4, especially if one has a high contrast display. This stems partially from the fact that Rec. 709 implies a 2.4 display gamma and many professional studio environments reportedly use 2.4 when mastering content for Blu-ray release. This is also not quite true. Calibrating a display to a straight power curve of 2.4 will only result in substantially...
It looks basically the same as the 600 now which is a good thing. So you have an 1100 now, I must have missed your post. are you considering the 4K media server + VPN setup?
mark what is happening with the other issue you reported after the MB update?
There are several noticeable improvements on the 4910 vs. the 45, it depends on what's important to you. A few things that stand out for me are better color gamut performance, better OOTB gamma settings, e-shift this year looks very good and of course the iris. Sci-fi fans and folks who like concerts will likely appreciate the difference the iris makes in low-> very low APL scenes. Watch a movie like Underworld Evolution and the 4910 can outgun the best JVC had last...
There was nothing specifically wrong with the 8000 I had, I just like the 30K better for the flexible lens shift (+ motorized is nice) and the G20 glasses alone are worth the entry price. I don't know what the fire sale price is on the 8000, I know they were giving away the 7900's recently, so you definitely win on cost. The lack of a real lens shift could be a turn off for most but maybe not at the cheap price it's going for. Seegs - did you check out 3D yet? ps. I...