or Connect

Posts by Erich H

The minimum of 2 was back before the custom shipping boxes. I'll need to change that.
Site says shipping is 10-12 days out right now. Today has been 10 days. Today sounds like the shipping day. 2 weeks ago I ordered 2 flash drives and 2 HDMI cables from Amazon. Took 8 days to get them.
Those thin braces between the stonehenge will be shaped a little different and more like the braces on the side panel. I didn't want them to be too thick because that's where someone would cut a hole to put in a plate amp if needed. I can imagine your thoughts seeing that box being dragged under a car. Funny stuff.
I saw there were 4 extra woofers from the last Elusive sighting and put them back up. Still waiting for PE to get more in stock.
I first drew them out on paper that way thinking a 15-16" depth would work out pretty good and then just shrink the square portion to change the volume. It does seem like a great idea. But from a cutting standpoint, each box size would be it's own run of 40-50 enclosures, so in the end, it wouldn't matter very much. I was also worried that the port height on a smaller 10" model would need to be really short because the port would already be 13.5" wide. And I really...
Mike, #1: I agree with that. But as mentioned, those were mistakenly spaced out for a 15" woofer, in a box designed for a 12". So the braces would be pulled in about 2" all around. That might be okay, I don't know yet. #2. I have to see about this. I thought rotating it would be a good idea. But if you look at where the 4 internal braces end up, they'd be in the corners leaving a pretty good amount of the mid section without a brace. Then again, I could go back to...
The slot ports I've seen with internal braces are usually pretty wide, like 20" or so. The one above is only 11.5" wide. I thought about having a very small 1" x 3" sliver that could be glued right in the middle of the long portion of the port. That would be plenty. A groove could be cut into the bottom panel and you could glue the little brace to it before assembly But on the finished subwoofer, there will be a brace on that inside port panel like the current...
Here's the ported 12" prototype. I did mess this one up though. I was working on the 15" and 12" model at the same time. I spaced out the stonehenge bracing for a 15" woofer......in the 12" box. So those braces would actually be closer together. Oh well, it's a prototype anyway. I ended up removing 4 of the stonehenge braces and moved 2 of them down to brace the top portion of the slot port. I'll probably do something like this with all the models as well. What do...
I'll just get new baffles cut for you. As mentioned earlier, don't build the boxes without the baffles.....especially when the speaker website page says 'under construction'. The original design was very narrow so the MT could fit in the Overnight Sensation box. But later it was decided to cut new flat packs. If new flat packs were going to be cut, might as well make them a little bit wider and give them a bigger roundover on the front. The idea was to make the box...
I think that was 34 preorders and then someone needed 2 from a past order. So that was 36. 24 have been finalized and shipped.There are 12 left. I guess I can give it until the weekend and then the remaining will be up for grabs.