or Connect

Posts by commsysman

If you can get those Motion 15 speakers for that price, I would jump on it. Nothing else, for $200, is going to come close.That is a very good tweeter in those speakers; excellent!You DO need a different receiver to use with them; A NAD T748 or T758 receiver has the kind of amplifier circuits that can drive 4 ohm speakers well; very few others do.NAD receivers sound much better with most speakers because most speakers are less than 5 ohms at some frequencies, and NAD...
I think you should first decide whether you want a tower speaker or a bookshelf/monitor speaker. Since you say you are not going to have a sub, the answer is; get a tower speaker with enough bass for movie watching. That means a rated frequency response down to at least 40 Hz or lower. The E55TI is rated to go down to 40 Hz, so that will probably work OK. NO bookshelf speaker will have enough bass to use without a subwoofer. The JBL Studio 530 actually might possibly...
The "250 watts" is NOT "recommended" by JBL.It is the MAXIMUM CONTINUOUS RMS POWER THEY CAN HANDLE before melting. (the 1000 watts is an instantaneous peak rating, which doesn't tell you much of anything useful...lol).According to their sensitivity, they will put out 118 DBA with 100 watts input. I doubt anyone would play them that loud.
I had the PSB Image T6 speakers for two years, and I loved them. They are great speakers. I would still have them (and $6500) if I hadn't heard the Vandersteen Treo speakers, which are made in heaven for the gods to listen to...lol. Happy listening!
I can understand that your existing speakers, at 22 inches tall, might be a bit big. The PSB Imagine Mini only has a 4" driver, though, and that will simply not move enough air for main speaker use to give undistorted sound in most rooms. The Motion 15 is also a bit limited in its output, but much better than the Mini. I think you would make a big mistake by getting such small speakers. The laws of physics can't be ignored. The Image B6 speakers (with 6.5-inch drivers)...
The Sony receiver should be able to run continuously. As long as you are not planning on hitting it with a sledgehammer or dropping it off a truck, i don't see why it wouldn't work fine. Besides, with the 98 db per watt sensitivity of the JRX115, it would seldom run at more than 10 or 15 watts.
Just do a search for "PSB Saturday Audio B-stock" and scroll down the page until you come to the B6. Keep in mind that while the speakers at Saturday Audio are new and have full factory warranty, they have minor cosmetic defects (which are hard to even find, mostly).I think maybe you were there and didn't scroll down enough. They are all on one big long page.A pretty good pair of speakers you can get for $249 at Crutchfield is the Cambridge Audio SX-50 speakers. For...
Specs DO NOT tell you squat! Forget about that. Polk's specs routinely claim ridiculous amounts of low-frequency extension that is pure nonsense and non-existent.Comparing the B4 to the TSX220 makes no sense, because the 6.5 inch drivers of the TSX220 are so much larger than the 4-inch drivers of the B4.The TSX220 is suitable for main front speakers; the B4 is too small and should only be used as a surround speaker. You can't possibly get the quantity of sound you need...
The "wadding" you refer to is probably polyester fiberfill, which is used to control resonances and manage the airflow within the enclosure. It is there by design, and should not be changed.