or Connect

Posts by sharpsuxx

My play is to watch them intially 1,2,3,4,5,6 I am kind of tweener as far as loving or hating the new trilogy. Phantom Menace has by far the most fun movie soundtrack (pod races) and I am pretty excited about watching 2,3 in full 1080p as intended. After I recover from that viewing marathon, (assuming my marriage survives it) I think the ideal way to watch would be 1,4,5,2,6,3 and here is why: start with 1 see the origins of vader, sets a playful tone for the rest of...
I like anyone else like paying the lowest cost for anything I buy but I think this is one of the problems with America right now, we are not willing to pay the "real" price for goods. I agree with most of the comments above but I see some that say that electronics retailers still make reasonable margins. I have to disagree, margins have plummeted in the retail sector and wages have continued to climb along with the cost of energy and the amount of inventory needed to...
I'll try going through a full calibration on brilliant and bright and see if I can get the colors to meet broadcast reference standards with the calibration settings available. We'll see how things turn out maybe I'll post some A,B,C screen shots.
It sounds to me like although everyone seems to like the pop and sharpness and bright colors of brilliant, but almost everything else in brilliant is out of whack. Doesn't sound worth it too me. I tried those setting and watched the Packers vs. Patriots and the Pats gloves were neon pink. Yuck, I will stick with Natural mode, I think words like pop and vibrant colors should stay in the non enthusiast market, colors should be accurate to the original source. The big...
Buy a Harmony remote with the money you saved...thank me later. Check mitsubisi's website im sure they have an FAQ somewhere that will have the answer to your questions.
These settings aren't set by eye and yes to the untrained eye they are much dimmer than the brilliant mode however, brightnesss does not good picture quality make. The are set to HD 709 standard for color or at least as close to the standard as the TVs settings allow. Look at flesh tones, grass, or a stark white background on the brilliant mode. With the high or cool color mode flesh tones will have extra red and everyone will look blush, grass will have neon tinge too...
Sorry I guess I forgot to post my sharpness settings, here is the updated Natural Mode Contrast 82 Brightness 57 Color 45 Tint +3 Sharpness 15 video Noise Reduction off film mode off (couldn't see any difference between off and on w/ blu ray) Color Temp Low
You could probably just get a thx DVD and adjust the brightness to your room with the thx logo test on any Lucas films movie.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lucid69 This mode only works for certain signals. This is probably doing a 3:2 mode pulldown in those cases to reduce judder. The Auto setting seems like the ideal mode to use unless all content going into the set is 1080p then I would disable it. From the 838 manual... Film Mode: 480i and 1080i signals only. In Auto, the TV automatically detects and applies film-decoding correction to movies filmed at 24 frames per...
Yeah especially with color temp on high? High to me always equals wrong, what ever happened to the warm setting low is such a negative way to describe it ; ). I need to look at my set but I'm pretty sure my brightness is at 60, I may be off a bit but lower than whatever the setting I had was, it crushed black too much.