or Connect

Posts by taichi4

When I called Vizio three weeks ago the rep said late March. Frustrating
Yep, both women are fetching...one being safe, and the other being a Lillith character. But Kim Novak at that age was unbelievable. There's a whole flap about the restored stereo soundtrack and enhanced (and new) sound effects. What's your take? Also, where are you on the YCbCr (both variants)/RGB debate? And do you use the chroma processor? The screen saver was already on by default (sorry Panasonic rep), but it didn't come on after 2 or 3 minutes. I stopped...
Once again, ti-triodes, you show yourself to be one of the cognoscenti. I'm impressed by your knowledge of specific titles. I do want to check out newer titles, but have you seen the Bu-Ray Vertigo? I had the pleasure of running into Martin Landau once when I was driving, and needed directions. Given that North by Northwest is such a great film and a favorite of mine, I was full of enthusiasm when I complimented him for his superb performance. He is a very kind and...
Thanks, ti-triodes. You know more than the Panasonic rep with whom I spoke. One thing I notice already with the BDT 500 is that sound is much better than my old player. Regarding video, this is my first Blu-Ray player and it is amazing with standard upscaled DVDs. As far as Blu Ray is concerned I'm still playing around with settings. My first Blu Ray viewing was North by Northwest. In reviews the disc and transfer were raved about. I initially found the picture...
Any thoughts about the pastel setup menu or apparent lack of screensaver?
I just started using my Panasonic BDT500 and have a few questions for you experts out there. Is there any sort of screensaver that is available as an option? My display has the possibility of image retention, and my old Toshiba player automatically displayed a screensaver whenever I hit pause. Not so with the Panasonic, apparently. I was under the impression from reading some literature before buying the unit that the player would remember where you last stopped watching...
Mr. Jones has from time to time dropped in on these threads, particularly the thread which discusses his remarkable Pioneer towers and bookshelf speakers. I hope he reads this thread. I'm waiting to see how the 54 Vizio 5.1 pans out, but an Andrew Jones active 5.1 would be impressive. If he wants to make the rear speaker wireless, I'm okay with that.
How about about an active 5.1 Andrew Jones soundbar?Sign me up.
I;m fairly confident that the 5.1 Vizios with discrete rear speakers will pass true 5.1. If your TV doesn't pass 5.1, connect your soundbar to your DVD\BluRay.