or Connect

Posts by BCDouglas

I use this router and am very pleased with it.
I read that Abit is getting out of the motherboard business. http://arstechnica.com/journals/hard...board-business
[quote=akypoon;14499706]Nice finding! Can you share with us your configuration please? (OS + PowerDVD version.) I read 8.8 is still broken under XP. Is this confirmed?[/QUOTE 8.8 does not BSOD on me but it still does not load properly. I'm running XP SP3. 8.5 works great though.
Using the free version of unRAID (3 drives max) if a USB drive goes bad you just prepare another USB drive and you are good to go. Using a paid version (Plus - 6 drives max or Pro - 16 drives max plus 1 cache drive) the Software key is tied to the GUID which is unique to each USB drive. I had one I bent working on my case and they allowed me to use a different USB drive without charging me again. Very understanding and easy to work with. You also can buy 2 keys at a...
I have your exact board but use the G.Skill F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ w/o issue. I'm running the onboard HDMI (video & audio) to my Harmon Kardon AVR347 then HDMI to DVI on my Sony.
I'm getting 5.1 over HDMI using the GA-MA78GM-S2H (Ver. 1.0) thru my Harmon Kardon AVR347. I have 450+ DVD's on my unRAID server that I listen to in DD & DTS in 5.1 with no problem. My issue is bit-perfect playback of my FLAC collection as I can't get 44.1khz only 48khz.
I have no problem doing 5.1 with my Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H DVI & SPDIF (Optical) thru my HK AVR347. I am now doing it with HDMI.
Have you gone into your Bios and checked your Sata settings? If you are using the Sata AHCI, did you install the driver during your Windows install? That could be your issue.
Has anyone had success in getting 44.1khz out of the ALC889A thru the SPDIF (optical)? I have the following setup: -GA-MA78GM-S2H (rev:1.0) -Windows XP Professional (SP3) -2x1 G.Skill DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Ram -AMD X2 4600+ -Seagate 160GB IDE (using a IDE to SATA converter) -DVD-RW IDE I am running the F5 Bios, Catalyst 8.6 & the latest Realtek drivers off the Gigabyte site. I have the Realtek Audio SPDIF In/Out Settings set to: Output Sampling Rate - 48khz...
Their free version is only for 3 total drives (from the website): "Software For those building their own server, unRAID Server OS is available as a free download. Unregistered unRAID Server OS supports Basic functionality: up to 3 hard drives all features except User level security To support more hard drives and User level security, you must purchase a Registration Key: unRAID Server Plus key - support up to 6 hard drives unRAID Server Pro key - support up to 16 hard...