or Connect

Posts by guymandude

When I wrote Time Warner Cable telling them my desire to watch Super HD and 3D content via Open Connect, I got the following response "Thank you for your request. Please note that, we do not support Netflix." Unbelievable
I just wanted to post to this thread a success story of happiness as I installed my new HD3300 over the holidays in my new media room. My installer provided the HD3300 for $1589 and it projects onto a 110" Screen Innovations basic screen ($510). Source is provided by Directv and Panasonic BDT210 Blu-ray. All sound and video processed by low-end Denon A/V receiver sent through 35ft HDMI 1.4a cable. Distance from ceiling mounted projector to screen is about 13 feet as is the...
How do you like and compare the picture between the HD33 and your Pani plasma? I am debating the projector vs a 65VT30.
Dan, your advice is so appreciated. Thank you. I think I will stick with one row of seating, probably a sectional in the rear plus a couple of bean bags on the floor for the kids. Ceiling is 10ft and wired with HDMI so I am good to go there. Wife is freaked out by the thought of a 100" screen versus something like a 65" TV, so I have to manage that. The cost differential isn't that much, so as far as I'm concerned, I'd like to start with the projector and the HD33 seems...
I'm about to move into a new house with a media room, so I get to make every video choice from scratch. I would appreciate any guidance on choices and setup. I already have a Denon A/V receiver that is 3D capable and a nice (but old) Energy 5.1 speaker system. My windowless media room is 15 ft 10 in. long. While it is wired for a ceiling mounted projector, I am not sure if my room is long enough for a 80-100+ inch display from a projector. The back row of seating is...
I'm about to move into a new house with a media room, so I get to make every video choice from scratch. I would appreciate any guidance on choices and setup. I already have a Denon A/V receiver that is 3D capable and a nice (but old) Energy 5.1 speaker system. My windowless media room is 15 ft 10 in. long. While it is wired for a ceiling mounted projector, I am not sure if my room is long enough for a 80-100+ inch display from a projector. The back row of seating is...
I had the HDCP error message when using my Motorola STB connected through my Onkyo 605 using an HDMI 1.3a cable. I could not produce video or audio while watching Comcast cable. The Comcast tech made a house call and said, "I've never seen a cable that thick before. Maybe that's the problem." He took out the higher quality HDMI 1.3a cable and plugged in a cheap looking Comcast-provided generic HDMI cable. Loe and Behold, the issue went away and has not returned....