or Connect

Posts by streetsmart88

If you don't mind, when you do your calibration, do you use the Lumagen or Sony to upscale? Or it doesn't matter?
A related question -- If you will alternate between upscaling at the Lumagen and at the Sony, will you do two calibrations? One calibration with patterns upscaled at the Lumagen and another with patterns upscaled at the Sony?
Yes, you must be right ... but let me check later anyhow. Thanks for your advice.
I solved my HDMI cable issue with a Monoprice Ultraslim Redmere cable. I've been using it for a week now and it has worked perfectly.Yes, I realize that the Lumagen can upscale only to 24 or 30 Hz, but I honestly haven't noticed serious motion issues yet that were not there even without the Lumagen. I have watched a couple of Bluray concerts with the Lumagen and I'm pretty sure they were in 1080p60 and I thought there was no serious issue with motion, even with the Rolling...
I've had a VW 500 and Lumagen Radiance 2041 for about a month now. I thought of sharing some experience with the two. Initially, I couldn't get the Radiance to send an upscaled signal to the Sony. Lumagen advised me that the culprit was likely my ancient 50-foot HDMI cable. After doing some careful measurements, I figured that I could use a 40-foot cable so I purchased a Monoprice Slim Redmere 40-foot cable. It didn't work. What worked was a Monoprice Ultraslim Redmere...
This sounds right.My personal experience with the 50 square meter (floor area) home theater system of a friend: He had 3 subs - 2 x SVS PB-13 Ultra and a Velodyne CHT-15. The SVS subs go down to 15 Hz while the Velo goes down to 23 Hz.He was running an SVS AS-EQ1, rigged as outputting to 2 subs. To one sub out, he put the single Velo and to the other sub out, he attached the 2 SVS subs, Y-connected. The setup was pretty strange and the result was incredibly bad. No serious...
Hi Jerry. This is the best graphical comparison of XT vs XT32 that I've seen. Crystal clear.This thread is transforming into an Audyssey experts thread, instead of just Audyssey Pro because these tests could have been done without Audyssey Pro. Maybe that's a good idea.Mark
Congrats, Jerry! Your persistence has finally paid off. IIRC, Audyssey initially blamed Denon for the bug and then later, Denon blamed Audyssey.Mark
Congrats, Jerry! Your persistence has finally paid off. IIRC, Audyssey initially blamed Denon for the bug and then later, Denon blamed Audyssey.Mark
I used a 4520 for a few weeks, on loan with option to buy. I tried my best to find a reason to upgrade from my 4311 but in the end, reason prevailed and I returned the 4520. It's more user-friendly but that's about it. What I really didn't like (aside from the glacial Pro calibration) was that they provided only one set of input/output symbols on the display. For me, it's pretty essential to quickly glance and see how many channels are on the input and output sides.Mark