or Connect

Posts by greenjp

Well bcruiser you have resorted to making snarky comments while not actually contesting my points or making any of your own so I'm not sure you're doing a very good job on that last point. The quote from the movie in fjames' post makes it quite clear that the substance of mine and the other guys' comments are correct even if we've misallocated the budget - it's irrelevant what portions of the cost the ship, the salaries of the crew, or the food their eating constituted -...
Yes, precisely that. I believe Vickers said something about the ship costing a trillion dollars (a trillion is a thousand billion so "multi-billion" is quite accurate if perhaps an understatement ), and while the mission may have been mysterious to the crew it certainly wasn't to Weyland, Vickers, and the android, ie the people who presumably (there I go again ) selected the crew.Not sure why biologists and geologists aren't scientists but I suspect that's a topic for...
No, I think I understood the question, as did the original poster. He cited the cost, duration, and significance of the mission (all detailed in the movie) as reasons to think they would have recruited capable participants - pretty solid reasoning IMO. You've correctly identified that there wasn't actually a lot of background information given about the crew members. Therefore, as with many aspects of the movie, we are left to interpret for ourselves based on the plot,...
Says the guy with Live and PSN IDs in his signature Either you have a very short memory or your upgrade life started circa 2005, making you the beneficiary of many upgrades that were well in excess of just graphics before you came along (ethernet, integrated online systems, good wireless controllers, surround sound, movie playback, controllers with rumble, triggers, joysticks, hard drive storage, etc)jeff
I found this challenge ironic, as throughout that main discussion thread the movie's supporters regularly defend it by citing things that aren't explicitly "indicated" (chapter number, scene, dialogue, character name that said so, etc) - deleted scenes, filmmaker commentaries, alternative scripts, the works of Nietzsche, and most frequently simply their own more charitable interpretations of various elements. But if you provide an alternative interpretation it's "show me...
My wife blind picked this from a Red Box yesterday (she did correctly pick the BR version ). I was prepared to be underwhelmed, but despite it's predictability and general cheesiness, I found it to be surprisingly entertaining. The whole thing was well done and acted, good pacing and tension and whatnot. Many cheap scares/thrills and a lot of dumb stuff. The ending was outstanding, loved the twist at the end - the only non-predictable part. This is not a "good" movie...
Amazing, I just watched this the other night and had the same reaction as you to the lack of discussion here. Was thinking of starting a thread but you've beaten me to it. This was a terrific movie, a comedy/drama combo that is very funny and effective. I normally don't go for movies that have even a hint of schmaltz but this pulled it off. As Fredrik says it's well-trod territory, covering the buddy/fish out of water/odd couple/etc genre but at least it felt fresh...
Maybe they assumed that everyone already knows this is primarily a game console so they wanted to get all the other stuff out there? They've still got many months to show games and whatnot?1) companies patent ideas all the time, it doesn't mean they actually plan to implement them, unverified sources notwithstanding. 2) Maybe it's real but what if the threshold is like 20 people? There's already a prohibition about using rented (and even purchased I think) movies for...
It's too bad they didn't go with the rumored (I think I saw a rumor) "Xbox Infinity". The Internets would immediately have settled on calling it "Infinity" or maybe "the Infinity", and it would have had easy built-in marketing - limitless possibilities and whatnot. I don't mind Xbox One too bad but I have a bad feeling that "Ex Bone" is in fact going to catch on. jeff
The back is uninspired, Lord have mercy! Seriously of all the things to complain about that's got to be the most ridiculous.As for the size, from the 2nd paragraph of that Wired article - "The Xbox One is a bit bigger than the 360..." A bit bigger than not too big is HUGE?The article further describes the internals and case design and it sounds like they've taken thermal management very seriously this time around. That'd be good news.I think the looks are largely...