or Connect

Posts by kbarnes701

I am but I would describe my 5030 (9200) as very quiet, in ceiling mode and using ECO. Even in silent parts of movies, the fan is simply not an issue.
 Wow. $1,000 before you pay import tax!  Here it used to be £18 (about $30US) but they ditched that about two years ago and everything has 20% tax levied on it. Some items also have 'duty' which can add another 5-10%, but fortunately most things from the US seem to be exempt duty so it's 'just' the 20% sales tax. Yes, speakers and subs can be a problem - but having said that, I imported my two Seaton Submersives from the USA and my M&K S150s come from Scandinavia. The...
 LOL. Of course - silly of me to miss the obvious.
Thanks Kal. Appreciated,
 Can you imagine the forum backlash if the XMC-1 was a re-run of the UMC-1?  OMG. Emo have a lot riding on this prepro and I sure hope that they have had it out on beta test for a good few weeks. If they are only just producing the units, as opposed to delivering any, I agree with you - it will be June before anyone gets hold of one. Assuming they are testing them of course prior to release into the wild. I wonder if they ever wish they'd just stuck to amps, speakers and...
 Same here - mine is ceiling mounted and it is whisper quiet. (Eco mode - 4ft above head).
Interesting comment in this review of the essentially similar TW7200:   "Finally there is the issue of fan noise. In the Eco lamp setting and using the Natural picture mode, the TW7200 was very quiet and it certainly wasn't an issue. We had heard reports of the noise increasing when ceiling mounted and although we use a stand mounting for reviews, we turned the Epson upside down to simulate a ceiling mount. The tone of the fans certainly changed, presumably because they...
^^^   I agree about markups and so on, although here in the UK it is tax and carriage which accounts for most of the price differential between USA and UK. Generally we pay in £sterling what the item would cost in the US in $, but having imported a lot of gear myself I can see that the difference doesn’t lie in markup but in tax and carriage. May be different in Oz of course.   I agree with you that it doesn’t really matter when the XMC-1 arrives - it will arrive when...
 One of the main things that seems to be against the nanoAVR is where it sits in the chain. Coming prior to the processor means that it will have applied EQ before any DSP gets hold of the signal. Given that DSPs such as PLii make their decisions on how to route their information based on the incoming signal content, changing this prior to the DSP could mean that the DSP is now working on unexpected data which in itself could mean that the DSP fails to work as expected or...
 So do you think that the object-enabled AVRs promised for CEDIA this September are just some sort of con, then?