or Connect

Posts by kbarnes701

Exactly. Once that level of lack of comprehension is revealed, it calls into question any other understandings the person has.
 How a bit for bit copy can 'sound worse' (or even sound different) is beyond understanding. When the guy said that -- and repeated it twice after Scott's incredulous response -- his credibility went out of the window for me. He just seems to be another 'subjectivist' who claims to hear things nobody else can hear, with no evidence to support the claims. I can imagine this goes down well with many musicians though, who are the people he is trying to impress.
 Night and day.... ;)
 Same here but with less foresight :) I already run two Height channels so I will be adding two more at the back and will probably leave it at that. Adding speakers high up is much easier in my room than adding them anywhere else, so I am looking forward to a good result from my 5.1 + 4 setup.  Like you, I am very happy with my current processor (Onkyo 5509) but it will be for sale in the classifieds as soon as I can get my hands on the new stuff.  All very exciting - and...
I take your point fully. What I am getting at is that many people are not aware of what is coming this year. It has been described by one industry insider I know as "a perfect storm" and the theme of CEDIA this year is "Hyperchange is here".  For those who are not aware, to spend $$$$$ right now on a processor could be a huge mistake. As I say above, everyone will benefit from the superior sound of object-based audio even if they don't add more speakers.  Those who are...
 I didn't even know until this thread that when someone with a high TU count gives a TU it has more 'weight' than someone with a low TU count. The easiest solution to many of the sensible issues you mention would be to just have one TU point regardless of who gives it.  I guess that however they do it, there will be people who'd prefer it done differently.  Not sure I like the idea of negative TUs (TDs? LOL). I could see a situation where someone you have annoyed for...
 This is what you are missing: a)7.   What are the Audyssey 'Movie' ('Reference') and 'Music' ('Flat') curves? g)3.   What is Reference Level Offset in Dynamic EQ?
 You need to wait until September to see what is coming.
 I guess that you’d have thought that surround sound was "pointless" a few years back then?  And more recently, you'd have seen high def sound codecs like DTS-HD MA "pointless". And Blu-ray - "pointless". You misunderstand the object-based audio that you dismiss so readily. You do not need more speakers for Atmos or its DTS equivalent. The technology optimises the object mix to reproduce the mixer's intent as correctly as possible using whatever speakers it finds in the...
Xinhua News Agency of China: Breakthrough in 3D technology set to revolutionise the world of 3D content and delivery systems. In what looks to be a development which could have far-reaching implications for movie theaters, TV manufacturers and home cinema enthusiasts, the multinational Chinese TCL Corporation, headquartered in Huizhou, Guangdong, China, has released details, inadvertently it seems, of a revolutionary 'monoscopic' 3D system which could render all current...